Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Gym
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Gym Put on your sweats and come on in.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Doof Clenas Member

HarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
A run in the desert

not really at the gym, but fitness related...just sayin..

Thanksgiving morning I ran in a 12K event near Boulder City, NV. It was called the Six Tunnels to Hoover Dam and followed the old railroad route that delivered supplies when the dam was built back in the thirties.
At some point the tracks were removed and the national park service maintains the trail.

I went back the next day and took some pics of the area. In some you can see the dramatic change in water level over the years in Lake Mead. The turn around point was an over look at the new bridge that just opened, it is fascinating. The pics don't do justice to it, the bridge towers over the river and dam. I wanna go ride over it...

there are several good ride routes in the area, I hope to go explore them in the future.

enjoy the pics

Last edited by HarleyWood; 04-11-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:31 AM
really big member

Jonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Very Nice!! I bet that view made the run fly by. What was your time? Do they do it every year? I would like to do that .

JONAS

Sherlyn Popelka, Fugitive, Aggravated Assault, Golf, DUI

USMC 82-88
Semper Fi, PGRider
2004 Road King
Old 12-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Parks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sock
Amazing pics! Thanks for that. The engineering (no pun intended) that went into running rails out there was amazing. Read a book on the Trans-continental RR and it was riveting.

Time to Nut up, or Shut up. -Tallahassee
Old 12-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Doof Clenas Member

HarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
It is a yearly event and yes the time flew by.
Its a gradual uphill with some fairly steep inclines near the bridge and then turn around and fly down to the start.

my time was quite slow as I was battling some leg issues.
i was hoping for around 70 minutes, but finished in just over 80 minutes.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:48 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Every time I think I live in the desert I see a pic of the real desert and it makes me feel somewhat less dehyrdrated.

Cool pics!

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 12-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Doof Babe

DOT can happily embrace the suckDOT can happily embrace the suckDOT can happily embrace the suckDOT can happily embrace the suckDOT can happily embrace the suckDOT can happily embrace the suckDOT can happily embrace the suckDOT can happily embrace the suckDOT can happily embrace the suckDOT can happily embrace the suckDOT can happily embrace the suck
Beautiful area! I was there a few years ago and the wind is quite fierce. They had wind warning signs and I pulled over on the side of the hwy after going over the dam, up pass the construction. Got out and could barely stand up. Did you have that type of wind in the areas you were running?

Old 12-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Glide's Bride

Last Cigar Smoked: Camacho Corojo Machito.......Thanks MEGA
Palerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Thanks for sharing the pics, very nice. Sounds like you made pretty good time, even with leg issues. Good for you
Old 12-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palerider View Post
Thanks for sharing the pics, very nice. Sounds like you made pretty good time, even with leg issues. Good for you
I hope to get some answers on the persistent cranky IT bands next week, going to see a sports doc.
hopefully he'll have suggestions.

Thanks fer peekin!
Old 12-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOT View Post
Beautiful area! I was there a few years ago and the wind is quite fierce. They had wind warning signs and I pulled over on the side of the hwy after going over the dam, up pass the construction. Got out and could barely stand up. Did you have that type of wind in the areas you were running?
It was very windy the day before the run, luckily they had subsided by the time the run started.

It was a very weird feeling coming back down, a few of the tunnels faced directly in to the wind that was blowing and it was very strong in the tunnels.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Known Associate

susqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube sock
Nice pics and good time for the run. Running helps keep this arthritic old man loosened up. Clears the mind. (what is left of it)
Old 12-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Somewhat Bionic

Last Cigar Smoked: Hoyo De Monterrey Robusto
Big Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Nice piccys. Thanks for sharing.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!' - George Carlin