Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Gym
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Gym Put on your sweats and come on in.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:48 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Nice riding! I haven't ridden a bicycle for distance like that since about 2001, I ended up selling my bike because it didn't get much use.

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Enzyte Bob

Mercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographic
I'm Famous!

I was checking out my local bicycle shop's website
www.biketechmacon.com
On the first page, there is a slide show with pics from the shop and pics from our Tuesday/Thursday group rides. My pic's there!!!!
I'm riding "Dolly", my single speed Schwinn Madison (yeah yeah... laugh)
I have on a grey Fox jersey, black biker shorts, and....
my championship winning beautiful baby blue single speed "Dolly"

I ride the group rides sometimes on my single speed to push myself. I can hang with the B group for the first 15 miles on a 30 mile ride. After about 15 miles, the 20 mph pace takes it's toll on the dumbass that doesn't have any gears, and I get dropped.

A group averages 22+ mph & rides 35 to 45 mile rides.
B group averages 20 mph & rides 30 to 35 mile rides.
C group averages 13 to 15 mph & does 20 to 25 mile rides.

I ride the B group. Late last summer, I was leaving with the A group and not getting dropped for the first 25 miles. It's a brutal pace. I hated looking at my heart rate monitor during those rides. When you see your at 105% of your maximum heart rate... and at the back struggling to keep in line... it sux. When the group rides start back in March, I'm leaving with the A group every time. They're just gonna have to drop me. I hope "one day".... I'm gonna finish with them.
To be continued...

*2007 FXSTC 103*
103+ Heads, 50mm Throttle Body, Andrews 54 H Cams
PC 111, Rinehart 2 into 1's
108 HP 112 FP/T SAE
43 ft/lbs of Doof
Built by Me
Tuned by Jesse @ 41 Cycles
I am Bob

+

The Square Root of 1849 is...

If anyone is interested in time travel, meet me last Tuesday at the Ga 43 sign.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:30 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I saw you!! Can I have your autograph??

I have no doubt you'll finish with the A group before long. Your perseverance will pay off. Keep it up!

I'd be dying just trying to keep up with the C group.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Enzyte Bob

Mercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographic
Hardcore Ride

Monday - January 18th (65*)
Schwinn Madison - single speed - FIXED
10 miles
18.5 mph average
177 miles total training

The single speed group is sorta a cult following. I'm not hardcore like these guys. Most of these guys ride on the "fixed" side and with no brakes. Supposedly, all the messenger riders in N.Y. City ride this way. They can bunny hop the rear wheel & lock a leg straight and skid stop the rear wheel, or simply slow down pedaling to slow down the bike. On a freewheel gear, you can stop pedaling and coast. On the "fixed" side, the gear is mounted straight to the rear hub, and if the wheel is turning, so are the pedals. I've only ridden like this once, and had a climbing gear on the rear, so my top speed was about 18 (even down hills) or you would start bouncing on the seat from pedaling too fast. You can not stop pedaling on the fixed side. Alot of single speed bikes have flip flop rear wheels. A freewheeling gear on one side, turn the whole wheel around backwards & there's a fixed gear on that side. I didn't like riding fixed. I have brakes, and I've already turned my wheel back around. It was an adventure, though.

*2007 FXSTC 103*
108 HP 112 FP/T SAE
43 ft/lbs of Doof
Built by Me
I am Bob

+

Old 01-18-2010, 05:30 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
Monday - January 18th (65*)
Schwinn Madison - single speed - FIXED
10 miles
18.5 mph average
177 miles total training

Most of these guys ride on the "fixed" side and with no brakes. Supposedly, all the messenger riders in N.Y. City ride this way. They can bunny hop the rear wheel & lock a leg straight and skid stop the rear wheel, or simply slow down pedaling to slow down the bike.
That can't be good on the knee. *ouch*

Old 01-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Enzyte Bob

Same Route Extended

Wednesday - January 20th (65*)
Trek 1500 - 20 speed
21.5 miles
17.7 mph average
198.5 miles total training

New cassette on rear. Was 12-27 Now 11-28
The big number is climbing gear. +1 gives a little more climbing power
The small number is speed gear. -1 overdrives a touch more
It spread the ratios a little wider. Gotta get used to it. I liked it.

*2007 FXSTC 103*
108 HP 112 FP/T SAE
43 ft/lbs of Doof
Built by Me
I am Bob

+

Old 01-20-2010, 09:20 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Old 01-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Double-D
Lone Doof

Last Cigar Smoked: Griffin
RoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milk
The boys at the motorcycle shop said Bob looks plum spiffy in his spandex ridin' clothes.
Not quite sure why he wears 'em to the motorcycle shop though...?

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Old 01-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Enzyte Bob

Funny Don. You know the motorcycle shop in right in the heart of middle georgia bike routes. I park there sometimes & ride from there. I look GOOD in those pants....

*2007 FXSTC 103*
108 HP 112 FP/T SAE
43 ft/lbs of Doof
Built by Me
I am Bob

+

Old 01-21-2010, 08:31 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Awesome training!

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Enzyte Bob

In The Wind

Saturday - January 23th (46* and 10 mph wind with gusts to 20)
Trek 1500 - 20 speed
15 miles
17.7 mph average
213.5 miles total training

It felt like I rode into the wind the whole ride.

*2007 FXSTC 103*
108 HP 112 FP/T SAE
43 ft/lbs of Doof
Built by Me
I am Bob

+

Old 01-23-2010, 04:34 PM
along came Blondie......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
It felt like I rode into the wind the whole ride.
That always makes it feel like you've travelled twice as far. I feel for ya! Nice ride though!

Old 01-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Enzyte Bob

Too Damn Windy

Monday - January 25th
Trek 1500 - 20 speed
16.5 miles
17.5 mph average
230 miles total training

*2007 FXSTC 103*
108 HP 112 FP/T SAE
43 ft/lbs of Doof
Built by Me
I am Bob

+

Old 01-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck
Ride on, Smilin' Bob, Ride On!

"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out there having fun on motorcycles. It makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen
Old 01-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Enzyte Bob

Rollin...

Wednesday - January 27th (upper 50's)
Trek 1500 - 20 speed
30 miles
17.8 mph average
260 miles total training

*2007 FXSTC 103*
108 HP 112 FP/T SAE
43 ft/lbs of Doof
Built by Me
I am Bob

+