Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Arsenal
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Arsenal Where firearms enthusiasts gather to discuss their passion for things that go bang. Political debate is one floor down and not welcome here.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Old married man

vindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographic
Quote:
Originally Posted by duhast View Post
If you need more gun or rounds than 5 .38SPL+P's, you got no business being where you are and doing what you're doing.
True to a point but I think in a panic situation where you're crapping your pants thinking this is the end you might not have real good shot placement you just have shots. With all the gang stuff going on I'd hate to be in a situation where it was four against one like the home invasions you see or the exact thing that happened to Shaw where three armed men robbed him. In his case you would have two extra rounds...no thanks. I'll happily carry my Glock with 14 rounds of .40 cal. I want plenty of ammo between me and the Almighty.

2004 Victory Vegas
2009 FLHTCU
Old 12-06-2007, 10:38 PM
zoof 43-7

BigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suck
Used to sell a lot of these back in the day:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charter44_350.jpg (35.8 KB, 17 views)

Order of the Garlic Clove

Jim "A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPNF7sIgFUc
Old 12-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Same as it ever was.

duhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindex1963 View Post
True to a point but I think in a panic situation where you're crapping your pants thinking this is the end you might not have real good shot placement you just have shots. With all the gang stuff going on I'd hate to be in a situation where it was four against one like the home invasions you see or the exact thing that happened to Shaw where three armed men robbed him. In his case you would have two extra rounds...no thanks. I'll happily carry my Glock with 14 rounds of .40 cal. I want plenty of ammo between me and the Almighty.

I'm not saying a J frame is for all people all the time, but last thing that I'd want to see is a panicked novice praying and spraying 14 rounds down range.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:51 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
99.9% of us are novices when it comes to shooting back at someone who is shooting at you, so don't get all uppity.
The miss rate for cops in that situation is friggin' astronomical.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:03 AM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
99.9% of us are novices when it comes to shooting back at someone who is shooting at you, so don't get all uppity.
The miss rate for cops in that situation is friggin' astronomical.
It's what I do on my lunch hour...never can have enough practice.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:10 AM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw_2112 View Post
I've looked at the millenium pro, it's definitely a possibility, have a friend who recommended the Taurus' too
I'd hit some gun forums and read up on the Taurus reliability and performance issues... I looked at this gun and liked it but after reading up on customer service issues, etc.... no way.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:27 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by why_me View Post
It's what I do on my lunch hour...never can have enough practice.
Yup.
Been an NRA instructor since I was 21, a few years as the reserve instructor for the local SD, 4 years ND AG's office instructor, and the best advice I can give is practice. A lot. 50-100 rds a month is good, 50 or more rds a week is better. The operation of the firearm itself needs to require no more thought than taking a leak. And you're probably still gonna miss a lot when the time comes.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Yup.
Been an NRA instructor since I was 21, a few years as the reserve instructor for the local SD, 4 years ND AG's office instructor, and the best advice I can give is practice. A lot. 50-100 rds a month is good, 50 or more rds a week is better. The operation of the firearm itself needs to require no more thought than taking a leak. And you're probably still gonna miss a lot when the time comes.
50-100 per month? Just one pedestrian a day is good enough for me.

Actually, 50-100 rounds sounds like a decent weekend for target practice and getting comfortable with a pistol...or rifle for that matter.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:41 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

I would not want to be the health insurance carrier for the guy who bought a 1911 as his first gun and started carrying it after only putting 50 rds through it.
There is one way to carry a 1911, and that's condition one (cocked and locked) and a guy with a whopping weekend and 50rds under his belt is simply not competent to do so.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:19 AM
Double-D

Quote:
I would not want to be the health insurance carrier for the guy who bought a 1911 as his first gun and started carrying it after only putting 50 rds through it.
There is one way to carry a 1911, and that's condition one (cocked and locked) and a guy with a whopping weekend and 50rds under his belt is simply not competent to do so.
I can't figure out if you are saying that I'm that guy or just speaking in general. In general, I would agree with you. But I am not that guy. I have a lifetime of range time under my belt. Only problem I have now-a-days is that I live an hour and a half away from my favorite range.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:34 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

No, not saying you are that guy, saying I don't agree w/ the "50 rds and call it good" school of familiarity.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Old married man

vindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographic
Quote:
99.9% of us are novices when it comes to shooting back at someone who is shooting at you,
And by the grace of God I hope it stays that way. I like being in that 99.9%.

2004 Victory Vegas
2009 FLHTCU
Old 12-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Big Double-D

bigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suck
Repetition, repetition and then repeat.
As stated earlier situational awareness is critical, and an escape route rather than a confrontation is the way to go in most instances. Once you pull that piece out, its a whole new ballgame. As Mega said a few posts back, actually getting into it with someone, no matter how much practice or how many books have been read etc all changes when that skell is in your face and/or there are multiple perps. Ya gotta be well aware of whats BEHIND the pricks as well.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
One of the reasons, I am a revolver man, is less to remember.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:40 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Just picked up a P32 tonight.
Dead flat, 8 rds, a hair over 9 oz loaded.
Shoots real nice.
Had a Seecamp for awhile, but it weighed a friggin' ton.