Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Tattoos, Piercings, Body Art
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 11-22-2008, 01:12 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Chevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I agree with what Berserker has said and will add a few of my own opinions.
Tattoos are more of a meaning to the true collector, yes we all want the artwork to be the best it can but there are flaws in any ones ink.
Im sure if you ask Lady G she could point out a few things she would like better
(this is in no way to be intrepreted as me saying Lady G or her art isn't anything short of perfect)
I know there are parts of my cover ups that I wish were differant or not how I envisioned them but the meaning of them hasnt deminished.
Cover ups are the hardest thing to do imho, the artist has to use what you suggest as a new theme then let you know what is actually realistic. Dark colors are very hard to cover, also hiding the old art itself dictates what the new artist can do , the lines have to be blended into something else.
I frankly think your new piece looks great and will remind you of its meaning everytime you look at it, don't dwell too much on the dust.

2006 Road King Custom Vivid Black

Old 11-22-2008, 01:59 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevtek View Post
(this is in no way to be intrepreted as me saying Lady G or her art isn't anything short of perfect)
She's got you scared.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:02 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Chevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChevtek is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Damn straight she does

2006 Road King Custom Vivid Black

Old 11-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
I agree with what Berserker has said and will add a few of my own opinions.
Tattoos are more of a meaning to the true collector, yes we all want the artwork to be the best it can but there are flaws in any ones ink.
Im sure if you ask Lady G she could point out a few things she would like better
I know there are parts of my cover ups that I wish were differant or not how I envisioned them but the meaning of them hasnt deminished.
Cover ups are the hardest thing to do imho, the artist has to use what you suggest as a new theme then let you know what is actually realistic. Dark colors are very hard to cover, also hiding the old art itself dictates what the new artist can do , the lines have to be blended into something else.
I frankly think your new piece looks great and will remind you of its meaning everytime you look at it, don't dwell too much on the dust.
Thanks for your input and perspective. Sometimes we all, me especially, need to be reminded of the bigger picture.

The piece does have meaning to me, and it took me a few years to discover what I really wanted. I can look past the dust, Thanks !

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 11-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
she has guns ya know

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 11-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Are these on right?

Lady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Tattoos are more of a meaning to the true collector, yes we all want the artwork to be the best it can but there are flaws in any ones ink. Im sure if you ask Lady G she could point out a few things she would like better (this is in no way to be intrepreted as me saying Lady G or her art isn't anything short of perfect)
VERY nicely said! I know the disappointment of having something specific in mind and not having it come out the way you really wanted it. It's a nagging feeling. Chevtec's right on the mark - I definitely have several pieces that I wish were different in some way, and some early pieces that are not the best work, but I love them all - they remind me of people, places and events in my life, and the progress of my learning during my tattoo collecting.

So Mikey, give it a try to see if there's something that can make the touch-up more to your liking, and if not, appreciate the whole thing for the work of art that it is, and how amazing it is that something old can be turned into something new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
She's got you scared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxr4mikey View Post
she has guns ya know
LOL! Yes, yes I do, but there's no need to be a-skeered - most of the time...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who's unarmed..."

GBNF FIRE46, RED RIDER, MONGOOSE