Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Jims 120-131 S&S 124......

I was lurking in the S&S site checking out bolt in motors, they make a bolt in 124 for the bagger was impressed until I checked the price, almost $10,000. So then a click over to the Jims site, well I was even more impressed with their 131 CI 145 HP bolt in bagger motor, but it says call your local Harley dealer for pricing....Huh??????

This is the part that confuses me, is Harley now a Jims dealer? The jims part number is 1308 3530 for a black TC 131 A motor for my 04 bagger.

Anybody got a part price? I would rather not spend 10 grand or have a dealership touch my bike if at all possible. Not even sure I am gonna bite if the price is still way up there. 10 grand is krazy....
Old 02-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
I was lurking in the S&S site checking out bolt in motors, they make a bolt in 124 for the bagger was impressed until I checked the price, almost $10,000. So then a click over to the Jims site, well I was even more impressed with their 131 CI 145 HP bolt in bagger motor, but it says call your local Harley dealer for pricing....Huh??????

This is the part that confuses me, is Harley now a Jims dealer? The jims part number is 1308 3530 for a black TC 131 A motor for my 04 bagger.

Anybody got a part price? I would rather not spend 10 grand or have a dealership touch my bike if at all possible. Not even sure I am gonna bite if the price is still way up there. 10 grand is krazy....
Is the induction/ignition system included?

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 02-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Harley is the (almost) exclusive outlet for Jim's stuff. Half the stuff in the SE catalog is Jim's.
I priced out a 120 Jims motor about two years ago, it was around $6300.00 then for the 120. This pricing included the 51MM SE Mikuni carb. You'd have to put the monster SE injection system on.

Then there's the tuning.....

Meng

TKWSV

Old 02-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
A few years ago I was looking into hot rodding my old 2.7 Porsche. 10K would have gone a very long way to getting that done. Sure seems outrageous for a twin cylinder engine using domestic parts.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 02-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
That would be one hell of a bagger but I think it is way out of my price range, thats half of a new bagger....
Old 02-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Yep.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 02-13-2009, 02:38 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
You can have your engine done for about $7000, that is a bargain!.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 02-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Obsolete Doof Prospect

ridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Get one, it's only money.

Introducing the Al Gore engine

Obsolete Doof
1998 Obsolete Springer Rider
Part time Shovel Rider
Some time XLCH Kicker

Old 02-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
Harley is the (almost) exclusive outlet for Jim's stuff. Half the stuff in the SE catalog is Jim's.
I priced out a 120 Jims motor about two years ago, it was around $6300.00 then for the 120. This pricing included the 51MM SE Mikuni carb. You'd have to put the monster SE injection system on.

Then there's the tuning.....
For the 124 you'll also need a better clutch. If 131, then you'll need the clutch and maybe chain drive too.

Kimber

Old 02-13-2009, 10:09 PM
BSL/SBSH

Last Cigar Smoked: "It's a Girl"
Luke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
That would be one hell of a bagger but I think it is way out of my price range, thats half of a new bagger....
But you'll have a bagger and a half when you're done.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
You'll shoot your eye out kid.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 02-14-2009, 07:27 AM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
You'll shoot your eye out kid.
Your probably right......

Last time I rode my buddies Hyabusa.......well.....that's a story for another thread.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:42 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I look at it this way.....

In 20 years, my daughter will be able to show her children pictures of me and my 'Train and say, "That's your grandfather's motorcycle", not "That's one of your grandfather's motorcycles".

Then we'll be able to walk out to the garage and look at the real thing.

Barring a major catastrophe, this bike is staying with me. I may get a bagger at some point for long trips, but the 'Train will remain, ergo any money I spend on it is amortized over the next 40-50 years or so.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 02-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post

In 20 years, my daughter will be able to show her children pictures of me and my 'Train and say, "That's your grandfather's motorcycle", not "That's one of your grandfather's motorcycles".

Barring a major catastrophe, this bike is staying with me. I may get a bagger at some point for long trips, but the 'Train will remain, ergo any money I spend on it is amortized over the next 40-50 years or so.
Hate to admit it, but this kid's got potential...........

Meng

TKWSV

Old 02-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post

I hope that 5 years from now .....

Jan can will be able to show her friends pictures of me and my 'FXR4' and say, "That's Mikey's motorcycle", not "That's one of his motorcycles".

Barring a major catastrophe, this bike is staying with me. I WILL NOT get a bagger at any point for long trips, but the 'FXR4' will remain, ergo any money I spend on it is amortized over the next 4-5 years or so.............

and if I'm REAL LUCKY ..... 10-15

GIDDY UP !!!!!!!!!!!

50 years from now !!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so I'd only be 110 going on 111 years old ..... I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it,

States I've ridden my scoots in: