Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorns View Post
Give Smart Dave a call. He might have a better solution.
May have to for some tech tips, I hear he is The Man around here.

I have a H-D Dealer Tech friend and a H-D drag bike wrench friend. I'm hoping me and the service manual can figure out the rest.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Had a pow wow with my dealer wrench bud. Went thru the catalog looking at options. Talked about what he has seen at the dealer that customers have done, pros and cons. Went over what I wanted from the build. Dealer offered a decent parts discount so order is in.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:09 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by d j View Post
Had a pow wow with my dealer wrench bud. Went thru the catalog looking at options. Talked about what he has seen at the dealer that customers have done, pros and cons. Went over what I wanted from the build. Dealer offered a decent parts discount so order is in.
and the details are...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 02-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkvator View Post
and the details are...
The Sreamin Eagle Stg II stock 96 to 103 kit with the SE S255 cams.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

Spec sheet.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...6_vs_103CI.pdf

Old 02-12-2012, 03:36 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
The Sreamin Eagle Stg II stock 96 to 103 kit with the SE S255 cams.
heard good things about that...i'd like to put the 255's in mine...but i'm leavin it stock...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 02-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkvator View Post
heard good things about that...i'd like to put the 255's in mine...but i'm leavin it stock...
I have read guys are getting real good results putting the SE S255's in 96 motors w/a air cleaner and slip ons.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Doof Cadet

Last Cigar Smoked: don't smoke no friggin ceegars
knuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sock
My 96 cui. has lil more horse BUT,(compared to the MOCO graph) a lil less TQ. All I did was the TTS tune, pipes an A/C.

If You goin 103. Shouldn't you get more bang fer the buck?

Whatever, hope you'll be happy.

That fuel/moto kit looks nice. Maybe....

Doofbag Fer EverI smell Fish
Old 02-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
You have a shed?

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 02-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckleheader- View Post
My 96 cui. has lil more horse BUT,(compared to the MOCO graph) a lil less TQ. All I did was the TTS tune, pipes an A/C.

If You goin 103. Shouldn't you get more bang fer the buck?

Whatever, hope you'll be happy.

That fuel/moto kit looks nice. Maybe....
I wanted my peak to be down low where I can get the most use. Very rarely do I run above 4k. So more displacement and the 255 cams will put my torque peak right where it's most useful for a loaded bagger runing two up and packed for two weeks on the road in the mountains.
Didn't want to mess with tuners and I actually will run the stock exhaust.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero No Mas View Post
You have a shed?
Aww hell no.

Just the garage at the house.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Don't Russ it all up.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 02-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

Quote:
Don't Russ it all up.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Don't Russ it all up.
Quote:
Haters.

Given your parameters DJ, that kit'll do exactly what you want it to do.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 02-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Nice, let the games begin!!! Then as the addiction slowly sinks into your veins, heheehee... what a slippery slope!!! My Andrews 54's are on the way along with the Cometic .30thou head gaskets, then as long as the heads are off, Baisleys is not far away... Have fun DJ

Dirk

Tags
103, motor