Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:20 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
CB radios

Do many of you use them? I haven't really noticed many in this group, but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

In my local club, most everyone has CBs. I'm one of the very few who doesn't, and therefore, miss a lot of the conversations/discussions on the trips, which usually isn't a big deal until plans change between stops and I have no clue what's going on. I've looked online at J&M and Sierra Electronics, but can't really figure out everything I'd need for a complete system. CB unit, mounting bracket, antenna, helmet with integrated headset, what else?? Can you get headsets that are NOT integrated into the helmet, so I could still wear my spoiler helmet?

And would it be too hopeful to think I could get a complete system with everything I need for $500 or less?

Last edited by Half Pint; 09-27-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Double-D
Lone Doof

Last Cigar Smoked: Griffin
RoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milk
I have no idea
but i'm eager to hear the answers
and up my post count...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Old 09-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
Get a Goldwing.............

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 09-27-2009, 09:03 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
Is it really that important to hear a bunch of marble mouthed old guys talking shit on the c.b. radidddddio? The fatigue factor of listening to that crap... Well, at least you'll hear the big-boy cars talking about the cute beaver on the blue heritage...

Thorns

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"

Old 09-27-2009, 09:05 PM
R.I.P.
you know better...

mongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjsb View Post
Get a Goldwing.............
perfect!

So long for now RedRider

Nine-mile skid, on a ten-mile ride,
Hot as a pistol but cool inside.
Like I told ya, what I said,
Steal your face right off your head.

1965------2006

Old 09-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Bike to bike is cool.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:17 PM
R.I.P.
you know better...

mongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Loud pipes make you use CB's....

So long for now RedRider

1965------2006

Old 09-27-2009, 09:31 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorns View Post
Is it really that important to hear a bunch of marble mouthed old guys talking shit on the c.b. radidddddio? The fatigue factor of listening to that crap... Well, at least you'll hear the big-boy cars talking about the cute beaver on the blue heritage...

Thorns
They use a different channel.

I just figured if I had one, then I wouldn't get left on the interstate when everyone else decides to take an exit while I'm still in the left lane passing a big rig.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:33 PM
R.I.P.
you know better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unchained View Post
They use a different channel.

I just figured if I had one, then I wouldn't get left on the interstate when everyone else decides to take an exit while I'm still in the left lane passing a big rig.
Try to keep up, OK?

So long for now RedRider

1965------2006

Old 09-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Are you sure it is CB they are using? I've seen those as well as FRS/GMRS systems for bike to bike. Make sure you're getting the right stuff.

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:44 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

I'm pretty sure it's something like this:

http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=38

I just don't know what else I'd need or how to install any of it.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:19 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
cindy I never have used mine, I thought maybe in ES I would so I put the headset in, I think its a great thing when your riding in a group. I don't know much about other systems though sorry....try calling cycegadgets in AR, they were great people who carry j&m products, they should be able to tell you everything you need to know.
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 09-28-2009, 06:27 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Truck drivers know a lot about CB's, do you know any?

I don't know about the units themselves, but I hear good things about Nady headsets from people who do high speed rallys.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Pimp Daddy Geezer

hogg831 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withhogg831 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withhogg831 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withhogg831 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withhogg831 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withhogg831 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withhogg831 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withhogg831 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withhogg831 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withhogg831 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withhogg831 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
http://www.twowheelsound.com/id3.html

They sell the kit (about midway down the page), you'll still have to get the helmet set and lower cord.

Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer are purely coincidental. Any resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic. The question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is left as an exercise for the reader. The question of the existence of the reader is left as an exercise for the second god coefficient.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Hmmm...

Serg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sock
CB'S rule!!!! P.S. channel 19 rules