Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Dealer (MoCo or Indy) Feedback
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Dealer (MoCo or Indy) Feedback If they are taking care of you, we want to know. If ya got screwed, we need to know.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Double D

My name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
reliable tuner in San Diego

8-Ball and Gordito, I was wondering who you guys might recommend for dyno tuning here in the San Diego/North County area. I spoke to Doug Ellis at the Ironhorse dealership on Convoy and he can do it but at a different location. I'm looking for some input from some of the local Doof's so I don't potentially waste my money on an unexperienced tuner. He seemed to know what he was talking about but it never hurts to do some research.

aka ZoomieDog aka Gruntnutz aka FIXER OF MIKE'S BIKE....PROVEN

05 Chopper Blue/Brilliant Silver Springer Classic
V&H exhaust

98" RevPerf BB kit
37g cam's
DTT ignition
CNC'd heads
Mik 42 carb
LMR-2 oil spring

Free, personalized travel maps at mytriplogs.com
Old 07-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
You sure you want 8-Ball's advice on this?????????????

just sayin'

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 07-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Double D

My name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjsb View Post
You sure you want 8-Ball's advice on this?????????????

just sayin'
Anybody's advice would be good I suppose. I just want to get the bike tuned now that I am out here. I'd start with the dealerships but from my experiences on the east coast, they all suck and can't do anything right except take your money. Hoping there are some good indy's out here I can rely on.

V&H exhaust

98" RevPerf BB kit
37g cam's
DTT ignition
CNC'd heads
Mik 42 carb
LMR-2 oil spring

Old 07-24-2007, 11:36 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
Maybe Rick can help you out..............

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 07-24-2007, 11:48 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
A suggestion, come up for the north coast ride a day or so early and set up an appointment with RC cycles ahead of time. They are probably the best tuner in CA. Next would be Terry Parsley, he's got a shop at Sears Point(Infineon Raceway). I don't know if he's got his dyno set up yet though. Terry, if he's ready to do tuning is about 30 minutes from where we're all going to meet up for the ride. If you want me to check with Terry and get you a number let me know.

Joe

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 07-25-2007, 12:30 AM
Double D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasilva View Post
A suggestion, come up for the north coast ride a day or so early and set up an appointment with RC cycles ahead of time. They are probably the best tuner in CA. Next would be Terry Parsley, he's got a shop at Sears Point(Infineon Raceway). I don't know if he's got his dyno set up yet though. Terry, if he's ready to do tuning is about 30 minutes from where we're all going to meet up for the ride. If you want me to check with Terry and get you a number let me know.

Joe
Not sure I will make it now. I'm checking into my new command on monday and I've already been told of the Vegas trip from 13 to 17 August and there are more to follow. It will more than likely be a last minute decision for me.

V&H exhaust

98" RevPerf BB kit
37g cam's
DTT ignition
CNC'd heads
Mik 42 carb
LMR-2 oil spring

Old 07-25-2007, 05:13 AM
8-Ball

Mikey at Performance Choppers in El Cajon did a helluva job on my bike... Steve at GMR was impressed with it when he rode it earlier this week.

There is a tuner in Costa Mesa that is supposed to be real good... contact skelator on this board... he did his bike.

I don't know of a good tuner at any HD shop here in town and haven't heard good things about Cycle Visions.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:16 AM
Double D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Mikey at Performance Choppers in El Cajon did a helluva job on my bike... Steve at GMR was impressed with it when he rode it earlier this week.

There is a tuner in Costa Mesa that is supposed to be real good... contact skelator on this board... he did his bike.

I don't know of a good tuner at any HD shop here in town and haven't heard good things about Cycle Visions.
Thanks 8. I'll look up Performance Choppers tomorrow then.

V&H exhaust

98" RevPerf BB kit
37g cam's
DTT ignition
CNC'd heads
Mik 42 carb
LMR-2 oil spring

Old 08-31-2007, 08:17 PM
Double D

I finally got the bike tuned today in San Marcos at D&D Cycle. My bike has been running very rich and my initial base run showed 86.7 hp and 98.6 tq. After some jetting of my carb to lean it out some my bikes final numbers were 97.7 and 107.6. These numbers are almost identical from my dyno tune in VA just before Daytona this year. This tune was done on a Superflow and the previous was on a DynoJet. They even gave me a 10% military discount when it was all said and done.

V&H exhaust

98" RevPerf BB kit
37g cam's
DTT ignition
CNC'd heads
Mik 42 carb
LMR-2 oil spring

Old 08-31-2007, 09:19 PM
8-Ball

Can't wait to see it scream...

What did it cost you?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Double D

166.85 with my discount. It was running really well on my test drive when I picked it up. Looking forward to tomorrow to see how my mpg does.

V&H exhaust

98" RevPerf BB kit
37g cam's
DTT ignition
CNC'd heads
Mik 42 carb
LMR-2 oil spring

Old 08-31-2007, 10:41 PM
8-Ball