Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > General Bike Discussions
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 08-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
BMW 1200 GS Adventure......test ride.

Alls I can say is WOW.........

I am impressed....Thinkin maybe for the Alaska trip next summer...
Old 08-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Saw a few of them in Canada. The BMW bikes are for serious tourers. I don't know if it is a case of the grass is greener or not. But I just didn't see any HDs doing serious touring. Not that I don't, I did.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:43 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Check out the Buell Ulysses. Bigger bags better for off road stuff and 8k less dinero.

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 08-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
If you read about the sonic spring guy who went to Alaska, he did run into a Buell.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
Alls I can say is WOW.........

I am impressed....Thinkin maybe for the Alaska trip next summer...
Funny you should say that. Friend of mine here wants to do an Alaska run next summer..........

Meng

TKWSV

Old 08-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
Funny you should say that. Friend of mine here wants to do an Alaska run next summer..........
Lets coordinate and run it together, but youll be here by then.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Excommunicated

My Dad and are talkinng about this in the next 2-3 years.

Was talking with a guy who worked up there in the 85ish. Said just days of moutnains, he said he dreaded coming back, was tempted to sell his van. Just day after day of moutains. Said they had to smoke up just to get over it. Drove in shifts. Not what I expected to hear.

He talked about the restraunts and gas stations running of generators, hundreds of miles from power.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Lets coordinate and run it together, but youll be here by then.
The way the house sales are going, maybe not! We're already making contingency plans to winter over here........

Meng

TKWSV

Old 08-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
The way the house sales are going, maybe not! We're already making contingency plans to winter over here........
What about the job? Wifes job? I think the city will work with you on this since good folks are hard to find.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Excommunicated

They went with a chain on the smaller GS, but shaft still on the bigger.

I can see shafts failing off road, a chain will flex more. Then again my ATV has shaft. No straight off clutch to to wheel.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:54 AM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasilva View Post
Check out the Buell Ulysses. Bigger bags better for off road stuff and 8k less dinero.
Been researching the Ulysses all morning, looks good, especially with the outdoorsman luggage and some more aggressive tires. Plus it has the very reliable and torquey HD V twin. A hell of a lot cheaper that the BMW. I need to drive one.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:04 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Been researching the Ulysses all morning, looks good, especially with the outdoorsman luggage and some more aggressive tires. Plus it has the very reliable and torquey HD V twin. A hell of a lot cheaper that the BMW. I need to drive one.

That is my next bike. Make sure you look at both versions. The X12X is the original with the large diameter fork and taller seat height, it's more off road capable. The newer version is more street oriented. Both are available for 09.

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 08-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Excommunicated

Darell likes his. I've been curious about it too. Someday I want to get a bike of that nature. Something to bum around dirt roads, logging roads, ect, but be comofrtable enough to drive. Thinking after I get a camp, catch 22, is won't have the money to afford one then. But I don't want one know cause I don't have the camp.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
How about the Vee-Strom?

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I like the mud. Kinda.

*Sensitive at all times.