Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > NoVA Delinquents > General Talk
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

General Talk You tawkin' to me?!

Old 02-10-2007, 08:40 PM
captainlee

Do you "love" what you do for a living?

I do now.

but after college I was a suit for 11 years for Burlington Air Express , I hated it for the last 5 years

got divorced , got custody of my two boys quit my job and moved to Port Aransas and started a radio (fishing) show and started chartering. I enjoyed that but not much money, especially when the boat broke down or the wind blew 35 mph.

Started my remodeling business 6 years ago, good money and love it. I love to create beautiful condos from crap. And yea strokin my own ego, damn good at it. Next fall I am doing Nolan Ryans condo and the condo where the Dallas Cowboys coaches (losers) stay. So it kinda neat in that aspect.

and you ????
Old 02-10-2007, 09:54 PM
natural-born world-shaker

Location: Mobile literally and figuratively, Alabama; working in Shanghai and Germany
Last Cigar Smoked: tobacco
thedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Yep, and it makes everything easier, more like a hobby.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:08 PM
BigAlsRK

Yep love mine....though the DoD doesn't pay me nearly enough....just saying
Old 02-11-2007, 07:36 AM
SeaHag

As a matter of fact I do love me job. Almost three years ago now, I was permanently laid off from the feed mill I'd been at for three years, when they eliminated my job title. As a 'dislocated' worker I qualified for new job training; the first step of which was a self-assessment test. According to that test, I was most qualified to be a public servant ie. fireman, policeman, or corrections officer. Just so happened that the state was hiring for security counselors at it's own security hospital for the criminally insane. I brought along the test results to my interview and was quickly brought on. As a security counselor my job is much like a regular corrections officer with the added responsibility of be a listening ear for patients who want to talk....hence the "counselor" title attached....But I'm basically a security guard.

Yes, we see some crazy shit, but after a while it seems routine and I don't even think about it unless my wife or family start asking me to recollect what's been going on there. Next time I have a good story I'll let you know.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:45 AM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Being a paid stud for super models was a dream job, I starved.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 02-11-2007, 08:55 AM
natural-born world-shaker

Location: Mobile literally and figuratively, Alabama; working in Shanghai and Germany
Last Cigar Smoked: tobacco
thedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
You da man, Ru.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:56 AM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
No. But it pays the bills and keeps the toys in the garage.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Baalz

Im in IT working on computers and networks. Lately I administer systems that allow us to be big brother.
Im bored shitless but the money isnt bad.

Capt I used to be a carpenter for about 12 years. A damn good one too but I never had the initiative to get my own work. Iv'e built 100s of new homes and townhomes, trim, framing, commercial work and renovation you name it I was good. Been out of it for about 8-10 years but its like riding a bike I can pick up a framing hammer or trim hammer and swing it like it was yesterday. About the only thing I dont favor is plumbing I let my wife do that
Old 02-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Road Glider

There are days when I get a great "high" from my chosen field of work and then there are days when it is a grind. Such is life I guess. Now if you asked me if I won the lotto tomorrow would I be at the office the next day the answer is yes but only for so long as it took to wind things down and plan for my national tour of this beautiful Country of ours. I wish I had the time to do that. Like most of us my resources have limits but what I need most is more time.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have a career and a small business...in different fields.

I have been a TV News Cameraman for 21 years. At the network level for 10 years. I have been a Satellite Truck operator....and for the last 3 years...Studio Camerman for one of the evening Network News shows.
I shoot interviews with the big wigs/ experts that the field crews can't get to...live shots...etc. I get a large degree of creativity...

My wife and I also operate a BBQ CarryOut ...that fills anytime left free by the regular job.

I love both...and wouldn't trade any of it.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:14 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

genoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sock
with Road Glider.

Old 02-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Kenney

I love my job,.. I love my job,.. I love my job.
Just keep telling your self “I love my jobâ€
If nothing else the boss will think your crazy and leave you alone.
I love my job,.. I love my job,.. I love my job.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:09 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
I'm extremely proud of some of the things that I've done, but there are days, weeks and even months that I'd rather not go in to work.

Engine by Otto.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:37 PM
DOUBLE XL DOOF

THEBEAR has failed to amuse usTHEBEAR has failed to amuse usTHEBEAR has failed to amuse us
I have, what I consider to be, the best job in the world. It has its momements, but for the most part it's fun, challenging, rewarding, and I work with guys I consider brothers.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:53 PM
GrayRider

I was once a fire marshal in a petrified forest.