Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Headers & Exhaust
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 03-30-2008, 08:47 AM
Introduce her to my lap!

Dirk Digler has failed to amuse us
Need help with pipes

Guys I need some help! I'm replacing my Rinehart staggered/stepped duals with a 2 into 1 ( I hate to do this but need power) SO I have narrowed my search to three pipes and I need some input from anyone that has used them and dyno tested them. I would like to get the RBR LSR-2 but don't like there arrogance and don't feel like a 9 month wait!

Choices:
  1. V&H Pro-Pipe BP
  2. V&H Big Radius 2 into 1
  3. Rinehart 2 into 1

Any reviews? Prefer the bad reviews the most!

"Caution: I drive like you do!"
Old 03-30-2008, 09:11 AM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Digler View Post
Guys I need some help! I'm replacing my Rinehart staggered/stepped duals with a 2 into 1 ( I hate to do this but need power) SO I have narrowed my search to three pipes and I need some input from anyone that has used them and dyno tested them. I would like to get the RBR LSR-2 but don't like there arrogance and don't feel like a 9 month wait!

Choices:
  1. V&H Pro-Pipe BP
  3. Rinehart 2 into 1

You're making a mistake if you completely write off all 2 into 2 pipes...I lost HP/TQ when I changed from BuB "Jug Huggers" to V&H 2 into 1 Pro Pipe...the Jug Huggers are an excellent mid-range pipe! (kinda loud though )

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

Old 03-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Hangaround

16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Digler View Post
. I would like to get the RBR LSR-2 but don't like there arrogance and don't feel like a 9 month wait!

Choices:
  1. V&H Pro-Pipe BP
  3. Rinehart 2 into 1

Have RB racing "Black Hole" I guess they are okay. Wish they were quieter.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:49 AM
KTWillys

there is no real power gain by going to a 2 into 1 pipe verses a True Dual pipe...

Your gain can be found from going from a stock system to a aftermarket system.
Once you do that power gains are not very big.

Cams are the biggest power gain without changing major engine parts...

All in all it is a system that needs to be matched to each component to as you upgrade.

To the pipes I have used both 2 into 1 and 2 into 2 and they both do a good job..
What it really comes down to is what you like for style and what you want to spend....

Have fun
Old 03-30-2008, 10:51 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
I think 2-1 have much better punch!
Just an opinion

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:15 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Just curious why you ruled out the D&D Fatcat

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 03-30-2008, 12:35 PM
KTWillys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynageno View Post
Just an opinion
Geno.. I cant prove it but I agree somewhat with you...

I think that overall there is little to no difference but I think (and this is just my own opinion and does not represent the views of this station) that it does change the torque curve somewhat and probably the HP curve as well...

Old 03-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynageno View Post
Just an opinion

Agreed. 2:1 Thunderheaders right Geno.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:51 PM
twinV

KTWillys has a nice looking Thunderheader for sale.

http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138764
Old 03-30-2008, 02:57 PM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTWillys View Post

I think that overall there is little to no difference but I think (and this is just my own opinion and does not represent the views of this station) that it does change the torque curve somewhat and probably the HP curve as well...

Some builds differ...my torque & Horse power curves remained nearly the same after putting on the Pro Pipe...but they both fell flat on the top end and the fuel was dead on...it just didn't flow enough, some 2 into 2 pipes have decent torque but also flow very well on top...every other person I ride with went to a 2 into 1 after their builds but they still couldn't catch me 'til I did...

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

Old 03-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Smoker of Tires

Crabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Your leavin' out the best "torque" pipe out there...FatCat.......jus sayin
Old 03-31-2008, 02:01 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTWillys View Post

Since horsepower is directly related to torque, yes, both curves would change....

Old 03-31-2008, 02:18 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Went from 2-2(Big shot staggered) to a Rinehart 2-1 on my 95" picked up 5hp and 7tq. Then went a Bassani Road Rage 2-1 and picked up another couple of hp/tq but got rid of the flat spot I had between 2300rpm and 2900rpm. It's a rare build that won't make more usable power with a 2-1. If the only riding you do is full throttle runs shifting at redline then a drag pipes will work for you all others will build more USABLE power with a 2-1.

Joe

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 03-31-2008, 02:30 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasilva View Post
Went from 2-2(Big shot staggered) to a Rinehart 2-1 on my 95" picked up 5hp and 7tq. Then went a Bassani Road Rage 2-1 and picked up another couple of hp/tq but got rid of the flat spot I had between 2300rpm and 2900rpm. It's a rare build that won't make more usable power with a 2-1. If the only riding you do is full throttle runs shifting at redline then a drag pipes will work for you all others will build more USABLE power with a 2-1.

Joe
Pretty accurate: I totally agree with more usable power in the 2 into 1.

The flat spot in the torque curve is at different rpm with different 2 into 2 pipes, but it is there, nonetheless. 2 into 1 pipe will not have the flat spot in the torque curve.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:51 PM
What you lookin' at!?!?!?

Jeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Vance and Hines Pro-pipe BP.

Works great strait off the line.

Offically Old enough to ride a Geezer-Glide.
(Geezer-glide is a registered trademark of Harley Davidson Tour bikes, Any reference to a member of the DooF Clena of other forum screen name is strictly accidental. The reference is that I ride a Harley Davdison Tour bike, not some old dude that there is not enough alcohol in the world to get me to ride.)

Doctor JT 43

Eastern side
Profesional Rockat Surgen