Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:19 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
iPod or iPod Nano users...

For those of y'all with no fairing and radio,... do y'all use the Apple Radio Remote for iPod? Note this is an FM receiver. Looks nicely integrated and compact. Just wondering how well they work.

Product Description
Listen to FM radio on an iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Also get a set of earphones with a shorter cable that's a perfect fit for the remote. Just plug in the iPod Radio Remote and select Radiofrom the main iPod menu. Easily mark a favorite station for quick access later, and switch between favorite stations using either the iPod or the remote. A station that supports the Radio Data System (RDS) standard allows the song title&artist or radio station information in the iPod display. The iPod Radio Remote supports FM stations from 87.5 to 107.9MHz in both the US and European standards and 76 to 90MHz in the Japanese standard. Switch between the different standards when traveling. Control slideshow, video and music playback, adjust volume, skip forward&back within a playlist, plus switch between radio stations and turn the radio on or off with the wired remote even if the iPod is in a backpack or pocket. Clip the remote to a shirt or collar for easy access, and activate the hold switch to eliminate unwanted button presses. The compact remote features a simple, familiar interface and plugs into the Dock connection. The included pair of Apple Earphones has a cable that's a few inches shorter than a standard earphone cable, making it the perfect fit. You can plug it into the 3.5mm stereo minijack port on the remote or use another favorite set of earphones.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:36 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
When you've got a couple thousand of your favorite songs....

WTF do you need a FM for?

I did find Skull Candy earbuds local though.....
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 08-10-2008, 01:37 PM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post

Daryl doesn't want to miss Rush Limbaugh.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:37 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:

Weather, news, new tunes,... things like that.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:38 PM
El Errante

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
Daryl doesn't want to miss Rush Limbaugh.

I'll pass on that windbag, thank you very much!

Old 08-10-2008, 01:40 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Weather... look UP. If your nose gets wet, it's raining. White... it's snowing. Red... get some sunscreen and hammer down.

News... Ain't NEVER any good news, I don't read or listen to any news on purpose.

New songs... Ain't much new worth listening to. I did buy the new Motley Crue CD though

I have XM in my trucks... love it. When I go Bagger, it will be one of my first add-ons.
Quote:
Kudos!

Old 08-10-2008, 02:10 PM
El Errante

Quote:
Weather... look UP. If your nose gets wet, it's raining. White... it's snowing. Red... get some sunscreen and hammer down.

News... Ain't NEVER any good news, I don't read or listen to any news on purpose.

New songs... Ain't much new worth listening to. I did buy the new Motley Crue CD though

I have XM in my trucks... love it. When I go Bagger, it will be one of my first add-ons.
Thanks for your input. Now back to topic at hand....

Old 08-10-2008, 02:18 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Pissy, eh?

At least I read and replied.....

Nobody else is.
Quote:
Kudos!

Old 08-10-2008, 02:25 PM
El Errante

Quote:
Pissy, eh?

At least I read and replied.....

Nobody else is.
Uh, no, not pissy. Thread wasn't about WHY I was considering one. Thread was about how well the thing worked. Perhaps noone here uses one. Lots of folks listen to FM radio, though. Good to hear local weather and news once in a while, especially out in west Texas and southeast NM where I like to ride often. If you know that countryside (and I know it well), there is nowhere to hide from the violent storms and tornados.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:40 PM
nhrafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
Thanks for your input. Now back to topic at hand....

That was better than the Rush comment.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:34 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Only reason I didn't reply was because I don't know. I don't have any first hand experience with FM receivers connected through the iPod, but those I've spoken with about them haven't been very impressed with the quality of reception. YMMV