Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Arsenal
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Arsenal Where firearms enthusiasts gather to discuss their passion for things that go bang. Political debate is one floor down and not welcome here.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Just plain Doof

rk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibiker View Post
Lady G, a 1911 is a semi-auto 45. its the frame most 45 semi's are based around, and its still being made! it is a sweet shooter, and narrow, although only holds eight. it sounds like you can make eight work for ya though
I'll go with 8 .45acp over 16 9mm any day
just sayin

Psalm 23:4 and the Second Amendment are enough for me.

If you have issue with anything in this post. You can address this by opening a dos prompt and typing
cd C:/
and then type
format C:

What you looking for?
Old 02-17-2007, 11:56 PM
pops

just polished out a buddies stainles 45, lucky i like him, what a pain in the ass to get out the machine marks,, live and learn
Old 02-18-2007, 02:20 AM
8-Ball

Hey Lady G.... I like to blow things up too...

The thread..

The whole story... and pics and video...
Old 02-18-2007, 11:08 AM
wibiker

hey Pops, why do manufacturers charge so fricken much for these weapons and then leave stuff like that on em. all of them dont, but i see machine marks and material snags etc. on a lot of handguns. dremel tools and patience. when you need to pull it you dont want a snag on the sight or something catching on your jacket do you?
Old 02-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Are these on right?

Lady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Hey Lady G.... I like to blow things up too...

The thread..

The whole story... and pics and video...
Yes, yes - I've heard about you... MUCH more impressive than my shooting a little coconut...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who's unarmed..."

GBNF FIRE46, RED RIDER, MONGOOSE

Old 02-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Magyarorszag

475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Godiva View Post
Yes, yes - I've heard about you... MUCH more impressive than my shooting a little coconut...
Hey ya big bully quit picking on poor defensless coconut's
Old 02-20-2007, 07:56 AM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Hey Lady G.... I like to blow too...
It's getting ugly around here...

Old 02-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Are these on right?

Lady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 475wildey View Post
Hey ya big bully quit picking on poor defensless coconut's
Well, HE ASKED FOR IT!!

ROCK! BEHAVE!! No "Photo-Shopping" posts to make them naughty!

Old 02-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Moderated

polarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Godiva View Post
Hey, congrats! That's awesome!!! What kind of shooting test did they have you do? How'd you do on the written and shooting tests, if I may ask? Anything I should look out for or any recommendations?

I'm taking mine March 17. I'm paying $175 for the class, fingerprints, photo and paperwork, then all I should have to pay in addition is the $50 to submit my application to SLED (S. Caroline Law Enforcement Division). Then it's gotta go all over the place so everyone's sure I'm not a convicted axe murderer or something...

I was out yesterday practicing. We'd called the range and found out that I have to shoot double action, so I wanted to see which gun I was best with.

Travus walked me through the shooting portion with a Ruger .357 Magnum revolver, a S&W 9mm, a .40 Glock and my Taurus .38 Special.

I passed easily with the .357 Magnum, which is still my favorite and most accurate, and only missed the target once out of 50 shots. The one I missed was still on the paper, but outside of the silhouette.

I had about 5 complete misses with the .40 Glock and my Taurus .38 Special.

The damn 9mm pistol kept throwing the hot casings right back in my face so I didn't even finish out with that one. One of hot casings got inside the neckline of my t-shirt and burned my neck, then it fell down onto my bra, and finally got stuck in my waistband. All the while I'm holding the gun pointed down trying to be safe and flap my shirt with my other hand to get the damn thing out. Travus gave me hell for that but I put the safety on fine and wasn't waving it around.

I think I'm going to use the .357 Magnum - I've always been most comfortable and most accurate with that and it's simple to load and use. Don't think I'll have any problem passing, but I'm gonna keep practicing and go to the range where the class is being held so I can get familiar with it.

Written test contained all multiple choice, everyone in the class scored 100%. Instructor was very informative as we took it.

Shooting part of test was 5 rounds at 3 yards, 10 rounds at 5 yards, and 10 rounds at 10 yards. Wasn't to difficult to do 25 of 25 with any caliber, I used an antique 22 wheel gun and it was fun. Got out the 40 cal. and shot some more after qualifying, no prob with it either.

Polarbear

"Great White Pillager and Doof of Kansas"

Old 02-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Are these on right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbear View Post
Written test contained all multiple choice, everyone in the class scored 100%. Instructor was very informative as we took it.

Shooting part of test was 5 rounds at 3 yards, 10 rounds at 5 yards, and 10 rounds at 10 yards. Wasn't to difficult to do 25 of 25 with any caliber, I used an antique 22 wheel gun and it was fun. Got out the 40 cal. and shot some more after qualifying, no prob with it either.

Polarbear
Wow! Only 25 rounds? That's cool! We have to shoot 50 rounds and go from 1 yard back to 15 yards. And they won't let you take the test with anything less than a .32.

Did you shoot double action for the whole shooting test? I was told that they only allow us to shoot double action since it's safer...

Thanks for the info!

Old 03-03-2007, 02:39 PM
ChaserBand

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk custom View Post
I'll go with 8 .45acp over 16 9mm any day
just sayin
That is what we call gods caliber in Indiana. In Indiana all you got to do is pay money to your local Sherriff office and they will do a background check and boom you got your permit to carry handguns... something not rite but it worked for me!!!