Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Highway 43 Rides and Photos
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Highway 43 Rides and Photos Post them here or they get lost...

Old 02-28-2008, 01:27 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero No Mas View Post
Better check out the Junction Function in May.

First weekend in May spent in Junction and riding the Southern Hill Country and then headiing for Big Bend Monday for some riding.
I've been keeping an eye on that Junction run, but didn't commit yet because I didn't know what shape my top end would be in. That would be cool, though, as I haven't been in the southern Hill Country hardly at all. I need to look up the thread again.

I'd probably skip the Big Bend part,... having done some backcountry hiking and climbing up in the Chisos Mtns more than a few times already. Pretty neat place, and especially interesting at night,... near the mouth of Boquillas Canyon, Mexicans would walk across the shallow river to the US unrestricted.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Swiss Guard

phreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
Hmmm, now that I think about it, most everytime I've been though Ft. Stockton has been after dark and after about 10 hours of driving or riding. When I head west, I usually run gas stop to gas stop with a short stop to grab a bite to eat every now and then. I don't stop 'till I get into Hobbs, Carlsbad, or Roswell. Same thing if I'm heading north, through Oklahoma and Kansas, 'cept I stop in Wichita, KS first night.

Perhaps I'll do a trip out there (to visit the roadrunner ) and into the Davis Mtns and Carlsbad before it gets too hot in the desert. I hate to miss stuff....
If your riding into Carlsbad, stop by the Caverns. The road up there is a nice short ride, and happens to be NM 7. You could get another one phor the sig
Old 02-28-2008, 11:40 PM
8-Ball

Ruling...

First, someone must ride the entire length of the road to determine that there is, in fact, no sign...

If no sign exists, one must be made to exact replication (see BigTed for help)... the sign must then be installed on a post along the road.

Pic of bike and sign as usual....

We plan to hit the NM 43 on the way to Roswell and ES...

Still want to hit the OK 43 as well.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:56 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
I've been keeping an eye on that Junction run, but didn't commit yet because I didn't know what shape my top end would be in. That would be cool, though, as I haven't been in the southern Hill Country hardly at all. I need to look up the thread again.

I'd probably skip the Big Bend part,... having done some backcountry hiking and climbing up in the Chisos Mtns more than a few times already. Pretty neat place, and especially interesting at night,... near the mouth of Boquillas Canyon, Mexicans would walk across the shallow river to the US unrestricted.
Here's a link to the Junction info. . .I don't thinks there's real thread. . .we've just drifted someone elses. http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/sho...218#post296218
I'm not getting to do the Big Bend trip, again! Dang it! I'll be heading to Big D that Monday for three weeks of training. . . Do come, Mr.Thrasher, sir. We have a great time!

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 02-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Swiss Guard

phreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suck
All points added as of 2-29-2008
Old 03-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Swiss Guard

Anybody else have one?
Old 04-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Swiss Guard

Sign Locations.kmz has been updated. Mass 43 & US 7 added.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Swiss Guard

UPDATED!

I have added the LA & MS sign locations based on best guesses of how the local DOTs may have marked the roads.

It would be helpful if the pholks who have ridden these roads could tweak them.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:52 AM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk
ga 43
Attached Files
File Type: kmz hiway 43 ga.kmz (685 Bytes, 3 views)

Old 05-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Swiss Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k king View Post
ga 43
Gotcha added in!

Thanx
Old 05-16-2008, 11:05 AM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk
hey phreak, i don't think that first ga 43 was right. i had to go to lincolnton which is quite a ways se from that first road.
here's the right one.
Attached Files
File Type: kmz lincolnton ga 43.kmz (652 Bytes, 1 views)

Old 05-16-2008, 11:06 AM
8-Ball

Quote:
hey phreak, i don't think that first ga 43 was right. i had to go to lincolnton which is quite a ways se from that first road.
here's the right one.
doof...
Old 05-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Swiss Guard

Quote:
here's the right one.
I just loaded the phile & added it.

I will try and get your new phile added tonight, and the other one removed.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Swiss Guard

Updated

Now includes Texas Recreational Road 7 & Texas Park Road 43
Old 05-18-2008, 10:24 PM
mynameisden