Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > General Maintenance & Service
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

General Maintenance & Service Doing it yourself or having it done...

Old 04-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Jams

Wangs or straups -- Texas thing

Seems like some folks from Texas have a problem with dropping their genuine factory installed HD cigarette lighter at 80 mph.

This is a serious technical thread to help those slippery fingered friends.

Below is a picture of a modification that can be done at home, in your garage or while sitting in a recliner watching TV eating popcorn.

RTD likes a smoke occasionally and I find it is easier to oblige her rather than pulling over. But since riding gloves make even the best of us fumble fingered when it comes to holding onto a genuine factory installed HD cigarette lighter while parked, I designed and tested this fabrication of a braided leather strap which depending on which part of Texas you are in it would be called a "wang of leather" or a "straup of leather".

The wang of leather allows the rider to hang onto the blasted lighter so it doesn't get dropped at 80mph.

Picture below of finished item

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1080.JPG (93.9 KB, 33 views)
Old 04-27-2008, 10:58 PM
Double-D
I am Doof

Bluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milk
genius! good job.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I lost mine the first time I tried to use it.

Cruising at only 65. Pushed the lighter in, reached into my vest pocket with my free hand, and pulled out a cigarette. Reached down to where the lighter was supposed to be...

When those things pop out, they really do pop out.

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
brilliant!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:10 AM
pairofnines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jams View Post
Seems like some folks from Texas have a problem with dropping their genuine factory installed HD cigarette lighter at 80 mph.

The wang of leather allows the rider to hang onto the blasted lighter so it doesn't get dropped at 80mph.

Noted:

Those that need this little tip will appreciate it I'm sure>