Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > General Maintenance & Service
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

General Maintenance & Service Doing it yourself or having it done...

Old 06-23-2008, 09:00 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Loctite Remover...?

I soaked the bolts in acetone...loosened it up, and wire brushed it off...used a scriber to pic out some of the red that didn't come off easily...

on the thru holes in the wheel hub, where the belt sprocket bolts on, there's no way to let it soak...and i don't like running a tap in aluminum to clean it out...

anybody got any idears...?

I think i'm goin' to grind 2 slots opposite each other on a 7/16" bolt...similar to being a tap, but won't cut aggressively...just clean out the loctite...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 06-23-2008, 09:04 AM
GrayRider

BigMike recommends Knob Creek.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
use a bolt with asetone and then blow the hole out . do this till hole is clean or feels free in movement. all so you could use a thread cleaner

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 06-23-2008, 09:16 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLET View Post
use a bolt with asetone and then blow the hole out . do this till hole is clean or feels free in movement. all so you could use a thread cleaner
I wonder if thread cleaner is just acetone...???

Old 06-23-2008, 09:19 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
BigMike recommends Knob Creek.
I think you got the installation kit i was supposed to get with the cams he sent me...could you forward it...

Old 06-23-2008, 09:27 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Get new bolts. Seriously.

Use a thread chase to clean out the holes. If that doesn't work, use Knob Creek.
there's about 5 threads about sprocket bolts breaking over at another forum...i think shoddy work at a dealer was mostly responsible for some...

the bolt i'm cutting slots lengthwise will act as a chase...

don't think i can wait for Gray to send me the KC...

The manual says after 3 uses to replace...I hesitate to buy the bolts from HD...probably Chinese...
there's a place about 15 miles from here that deals in fasteners...The Nut House...I'm going to call & see if they have US made...

Old 06-23-2008, 09:37 AM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkvator View Post
I think you got the installation kit i was supposed to get with the cams he sent me...could you forward it...
Uh...sorry,..it seems to have disappeared.