Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Handlebars, Grips, Cables...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 03-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Harley Heated Grips

Run! Flee! Don't even think about.
Got my grips with delivery in 2006.
Replaced under warranty in 2007, quit working.
Replaced under warranty in 2008, quit working.
Taken off, and replaced with the same grip with no heat in 2009. CALLED CORPORATE AND COMPLAINED! Their nickel and they gave me a big gift card to use for my agony. The grips were on wide open all the time, even when in the OFF position. Started melting the palms in my gloves.

I recommend Gerbing heated gear. To heck with the heated Harley Grips.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:14 PM
gAZINTAs

Hodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sock
You live in South Carolina and ride a bagger. Why do you need heated anything?

Old 03-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Came from the North partner. Lake Erie area as a matter of fact.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:20 PM
gAZINTAs

Hodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sock
To cold up there. Enjoy SC.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Never knew humans had to live in that kind of climate. It was a learning experience. I'm growing roots down here.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:26 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
There's a reason I'm in Virginnie.....

I used to consider Lake Erie "down south".

From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 03-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Holy smokes!

Old 03-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I've always heard that the heated grips are good in concept but just don't work that well when riding. Very similar to what you are experiencing, the palms of your hands are warm but the outside of your hands get no warmth and that is where the cold wind is actually hitting. The heated gloves by Gerbing would get my vote.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:40 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
They should take a note from Polaris, SkiDoo etc.

Heated grips work. Thin palm gloves with good insulation, your whole hand stays warm.

I'm sure 'Zerk can testify... I've ridden down to 20 below and had warm hands on a sled.

Don't know why Harley can't make it come together.
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 03-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I put some aftermarket in, end of October. Same company that does sleds, just less ohms. I've had the pair on my sled since 2000, OEM ones.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Good luck with them. I have to agree. The Gerbing jacket and gloves are pretty top notch. You become instant year round unless snow/ice are on the ground. Of course a modular full face helme works to. So you mouth can say "hello" when you meet people at work in the winter.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Like I said snowmobiles have them, and they don't seem to be a high failure item. Granted you can buy after market repalcements, so they must fail. But I tend to think your problem, is Harley.

I got gloves, there ok. Comfortable in 30s, but not hot. I haven't tried the grips much, but they get damn hot.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:30 AM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Gerbing stuff is nice. I got the jacket and gloves with the dual controller. Can set gloves to HELL and keep the jacket on medium. Also came with the wire for socks which I have yet to buy. Not that cold here. Would figure the socks would be great on a snowmobile.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:32 AM
Excommunicated

I got Gerbing. I always wondered if something was wrong with mine, cause they didn't not get hot. They were ok, but not hot.

Cord is PIA, but I suppose you get used to it.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:59 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have the heated liner and gloves, and so does the better half, I didn't realize for awhile that I needed to have a splitter to get heat to the gloves...dumbass that I am....but I love them the g/f says she feels like she is cheating something when we ride and she is so warm....once I figured out I needed a splitter, which gerbing sent me n/c I actually sweat while riding @ 30 degrees.....the cords I figured out and aren't as much of a pita as when I first got it.
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty