Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Handlebars, Grips, Cables...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 11-23-2007, 10:07 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Billy ..... you remember my bike ?
I can post pics of the handlebars if you want me to
the top of my risers has all the electric in it and idiot lights .... I can't change the risers ...

I needed the bars to come back and up, the bike came stock with drag bars. .....

The bars that I have on there now are Wide Glide bars
got the rise I wanted, and closer to me also, I never measured how much, but I can do that for you if you want
I guess the measurements might not help much, since we have different bikes, but I can post pics if you want

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Last edited by fxr4mikey; 11-23-2007 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Permanently Pissy

billymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxr4mikey View Post
Billy ..... you remember my bike ?
I can post pics of the handlebars if you want me to
the top of my risers has all the electric in it and idiot lights .... I can't change the risers ...

I needed the bars to come back and up, the bike came stock with drag bars. .....

The bars that I have on there now are Wide Glide bars
got the rise I wanted, and closer to me also, I never measured how much, but I can do that for you if you want
I guess the measurements might not help much, since we have different bikes, but I can post pics if you want
Thanks Mike,

I think you guys have correctly, talked me out of the risers and into changing out the bars. Either the Softtail Standard or Low Rider bars..... did you get your's at the harley shop or some other vendor?

Many thanks,

2010 Ultra Classic, Sunglow Red
Curb Feelers and Pine Scent Air Freshener
Yammy TTR-230 Just for fun...

Old 11-25-2007, 09:17 AM
Closet Doof

george248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
here are some on fleabay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...spagenameZWDVW

I had a friend who had a standard and changed his bars out, so got the bars free... local Harley shop may have some take-off Standard or Wideglide bars laying around...

I believe the lowrider bars are different and use risers... could be wrong...

Old 11-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymac View Post
Thanks Mike,

I think you guys have correctly, talked me out of the risers and into changing out the bars. Either the Softtail Standard or Low Rider bars..... did you get your's at the harley shop or some other vendor?

Many thanks,
I got mine at the stealers .... I was in a hurry and they had them on hand ....

I have another set, I don't remember what model, not as high or wide as the bars that I have on the bike .....

you're welcome to them for shipping cost.

I can take pictures of them if you want so you might get an idea .... I can send you measurements too if you want.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Buffalo Hump

went and measured them

best that I could do, since I'm not an expert in eggzactly where the measurements are taken .... I can post pics if you want .....

they are:

28 inches wide
7 inch pull back
4 inch rise

Old 11-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Permanently Pissy

billymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Hey Mike,

I like your suggestion of the Low Rider bars. I got a 20% off coupon today from the local stealer. I think I'm going see what I can get them for. I'm guessing that if I go with that idea, I will have to change out the cables as well.

How hard of a job is a cable change out?

Old 11-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Permanently Pissy

Did a little more research and I think the Harley Mini Apes may do the job.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Same width as my current stock bars, 5 more inches of rise, and about the same pullback. However, with the bieg increase in rise, that's going to bring the bars back anyway. I could always pull'em back just a litte anyway.

Mikey, I believe these are the standard Low Rider bars.

The Harley site says they are "bolt on" for my bike, so I'm hoping no cables will be needed.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:27 PM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
Wait! That's what you're talking about..isn't it..
dumbass...
Old 11-30-2007, 10:28 PM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
dumbass...
Thank you for your input.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Permanently Pissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
dumbass...
GEzzzzz. Talk about pissy....

Old 11-30-2007, 10:35 PM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by george248 View Post
here is a good thread...

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=65147

I believe the Softail Standard bars give you about an inch of rise and 3 inches of pullback compared to stock...

wtf is the deal here I have tried several times to attach some pics... every time I attach a file I get this message:

Manage Attachments
Upload Errors
bars1.jpg:
You have already attached this file in thread : Risers on a Super Glide...

if they are already attached, then where the hell are they at?

somebody PM me and I will email you the pics....

George,

You already attached them in another thread. The forum software only allows you to upload a unique picture once. However you can place the picture in as many threads as you like.

You attached them in this thread:
http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/sho...2828#post12828

Post # 4

Old 11-30-2007, 11:53 PM
Buffalo Hump

Quote:
Originally Posted by billymac View Post
Did a little more research and I think the Harley Mini Apes may do the job.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Same width as my current stock bars, 5 more inches of rise, and about the same pullback. However, with the bieg increase in rise, that's going to bring the bars back anyway. I could always pull'em back just a litte anyway.

Mikey, I believe these are the standard Low Rider bars.

The Harley site says they are "bolt on" for my bike, so I'm hoping no cables will be needed.
sounds right Billy

Old 11-30-2007, 11:58 PM
Buffalo Hump

let us know when you get em, and if you have to re-cable

and
and

and

don't
forget

Before and after PICS !!!!!!!!!!