Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Handlebars, Grips, Cables...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 10-30-2007, 09:18 PM
MOOSE

Forward Controls for Lowrider

I posted this down the street, so no you're not seeing double if you read it there.

I have a buddy that is looking to put forward controls on his Lowrider. He's looked at HD's but you need to take off the primary. No real big deal, but it just adds cost with the oil and gasket. He's now considering going with the Kuryakn. What do you guys recommend who have done this?

Any and all suggestions/recommendations are appreciated.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I put the Kuryakn on my '03 Low Rider and never looked back. One of the best mods I did to it.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 10-31-2007, 07:08 AM
Baalz

Gonna be doing this to my wife's 06 lowrider very soon with Thorns major assistance.
With his suggestions were gonna go with the 05 forward control kit which wont require removing the primary.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:01 AM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I put the forward controls on my 06 StreetBob. The motor company changed the frame in 06, so the 05 forward controls won't work without some modifications. The kit for the 06 forward controls comes with a new primary gaskit, and all the right hardware. I haven't seen the kuryakn forward controls, but I would think you would have to remove the shaft from the primary case regardless of which one you choose.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:56 PM
MOOSE

Thanks for the replies guys. I think he's going with Kuryakyn, you don't have to pull the primary. Crazy design having to do that.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:47 PM
Closet Doof

george248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOSE View Post

Any and all suggestions/recommendations are appreciated.

$50 highway pegs and shift with your heal... leave the mids and you have the best of both worlds...

Old 11-01-2007, 12:55 AM
MOOSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by george248 View Post
$50 highway pegs and shift with your heal... leave the mids and you have the best of both worlds...
That is an interesting idea. I'll run it by him, but I don't he'll go for it.