Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Handlebars, Grips, Cables...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 11-22-2007, 11:12 PM
Permanently Pissy

billymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
2.5 Inch Pullback Risers on a 05 Super G?

Have been thinking of them for a while, then I put a new Mustang Squareback seat on the bike which has me sitting a little farther back. Now I've got to have something to bring the bars back a little.

The stock risers are 1.75" straight, and I've been looking at 2.5" and 4" pullbacks.....

Any advice? I would really rather not have to screw with new cables and lines, so I'm not sure the 4" will work....and I'm not sure if the 2.5" would make enough difference.

Thanks in advance.

2010 Ultra Classic, Sunglow Red
Curb Feelers and Pine Scent Air Freshener
Yammy TTR-230 Just for fun...

Old 11-22-2007, 11:13 PM
GrayRider

Might consider the offset risers.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:15 PM
GrayRider

Wait! That's what you're talking about..isn't it..
Old 11-22-2007, 11:24 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymac View Post
Have been thinking of them for a while, then I put a new Mustang Squareback seat on the bike which has me sitting a little farther back. Now I've got to have something to bring the bars back a little.

The stock risers are 1.75" straight, and I've been looking at 2.5" and 4" pullbacks.....

Any advice? I would really rather not have to screw with new cables and lines, so I'm not sure the 4" will work....and I'm not sure if the 2.5" would make enough difference.

Thanks in advance.
Billy as you know I don't have a SG ... WHEW LOL
but I've gone through 3 sets of bars to find some that fit me on my bike ..... I've had to change all the cables and all that ......... but the bars and setup that I have now (which you've seen) I've been riding with for the past 5 years.

I must be
1) comfortable with
2) a dunce and doesnt know what feels good
3) Rides, no matter what

soooooooooooooooo

what I think is .... these bars fit me !!!!!!!!!!
I REALLY like the rise of the bars, the width of the bars, and .... blah blah blah

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 11-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Closet Doof

george248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
do you have the stock bars and risers now?

pull back risers really jack the speedometer up on the Superglide.

I went with Softail Standard bars... will try to attach some pics...

Don't have the specs handy, but they have a little more rise and pullback then stock.

Did not have to change clutch or throttle cables... did have to "tweak" the brake line slightly.

Last edited by george248; 11-23-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:53 PM
GrayRider

Straight risers should set the bars back some. They'll rise back at the angle of the front end.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
billy,
look at some dogbones ....

ck this guys pics

http://www.jonline.org/savage/Tips__...ne_risers.html

Old 11-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Closet Doof

george248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I think I attached the pics... but damned if I can see them?

tried twice...

Old 11-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Permanently Pissy

billymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by george248 View Post
do you have the stock bars and risers now?

pull back risers really jack the speedometer up on the Superglide.

I went with Softail Standard bars... will try to attach some pics...

Don't have the specs handy, but they have a little more rise and pullback then stock.

Did not have to change clutch or throttle cables... did have to "tweak" the brake line slightly.
Yeah, I'm aware that the pullback risers would jack up the speedo. There is actually a bracket you can get from Dennis Kirk or somehwere that would bring it back down to an acceptable position, but you've got a point on the bars....

I really need the bars a little higher and at least between 1 and 2 inches back. Do you think you got that out of your Softtail Standard Bars?

Old 11-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Buffalo Hump

chrome dogbones

http://www.paughco.com/2003_catalog/page30.htm

where's the speedo mount on your bike Billy ?

Old 11-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Permanently Pissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxr4mikey View Post
where's the speedo mount on your bike Billy ?
The speedo is mounted on the riser plate, it actually IS the riser plate.

Old 11-23-2007, 01:45 PM
Buffalo Hump

i see ... looks like in my brain (now that's scary) that dog bones wont work on your bike

Old 11-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Buffalo Hump

I think I'm gonna run into the same problem

I am going to put a corbin saddle on .... I've read that the corbin will move me back an inch or more, and given the way my bike is setup right now, that will be to much of a reach for the bars ........

Old 11-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Closet Doof

here is a good thread...

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=65147

I believe the Softail Standard bars give you about an inch of rise and 3 inches of pullback compared to stock...

wtf is the deal here I have tried several times to attach some pics... every time I attach a file I get this message:

Manage Attachments
Upload Errors
bars1.jpg:
You have already attached this file in thread : Risers on a Super Glide...

if they are already attached, then where the hell are they at?

somebody PM me and I will email you the pics....

Old 11-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Closet Doof

OK... figured it out on my own... the pics were already in this thread:
http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1054

apparently you are not allowed to use the same pictures in more than one thread?

who would have thunk it? I feel like such a doof... totally forgot about that thread...

Last edited by george248; 11-23-2007 at 08:42 PM. Reason: doofed up