Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Mid-frame air deflectors?

In my ongoing battle against the engine heat on my '08 Ultra, I am looking to get the mid-frame air deflectors that are stock equipment on the new '09 model.

I have seen the Harley version on their website but it was mentioned to me today that Kuryakyn also makes a version that is easier to install. I checked out the pictures on their sites and thought both looked good-

Does anyone have experience with either the Harley or Kuryakyn mid-frame air deflectors?

Old 09-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I got the Kury ones, they work good, especially when in traffic or a red light...My thighs love them.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have the Kuryaken ones. Didn't you notice how good they looked on my bike?

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 09-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
I got the Kury ones, they work good, especially when in traffic or a red light...My thighs love them.
Good deal, thinking those are going to be the ones for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero No Mas View Post
I have the Kuryaken ones. Didn't you notice how good they looked on my bike?
Thought you had some but I wasn't sure which ones you had. Sounds like Kuryakyn is unanimous

Old 09-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Known Associate

DeaconK has failed to amuse us
I put a set of Kuryakyn's on at the beginning of summer (April, as I recall, LOL) and they are working well for me.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Kenney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
In my ongoing battle against the engine heat on my '08 Ultra, I am looking to get the mid-frame air deflectors that are stock equipment on the new '09 model.

I have seen the Harley version on their website but it was mentioned to me today that Kuryakyn also makes a version that is easier to install. I checked out the pictures on their sites and thought both looked good-

Does anyone have experience with either the Harley or Kuryakyn mid-frame air deflectors?
I would fix the root problem, the exhaust pipe routing, replace it with True duels.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Verbose Doof

higlet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygiene
I use rjs originals

http://www.rjsoriginals.com/

They were rel easy to install and look like part of the seat, not some plastic glob

Old 09-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconK View Post
I put a set of Kuryakyn's on at the beginning of summer (April, as I recall, LOL) and they are working well for me.
Good deal, I'll be putting a pair on mine in the next week or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenney View Post
I would fix the root problem, the exhaust pipe routing, replace it with True duels.
I'm getting the true dual mod done on Monday, as well as, new pipes, high flow filter and FuelPak. Hoping that lower temps are a pleasant by-product of the increased performance

Old 09-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
I had the Kuryakyn ones, but my short legs rubbed up againest them at a stop and I broke off both sides. They are rigid plastic and do not give any.
Look good, but standard Kuryakyn crap as far as I am concerned.

The RJS ones look good, but I am not paying that kind of money.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:56 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
I think Phil, TJ Willy, uses the HD ones on his EG Standard...

They're flat black in color and I thought they looked pretty decent!

Old 09-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Verbose Doof

higlet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygienehiglet seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
I had the Kuryakyn ones, but my short legs rubbed up againest them at a stop and I broke off both sides. They are rigid plastic and do not give any.
Look good, but standard Kuryakyn crap as far as I am concerned.

The RJS ones look good, but I am not paying that kind of money.
you get what you pay for

except at the dealership

Old 09-25-2008, 01:04 PM
The Cisco Kid

Last Cigar Smoked: Backwoods Mild - Honey Berry
TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have a pair of the HD's on my FLHTC. I like the RJ whatevers, but too much money for me to spend at that time.

Observations after a few months.

1. Install was a PITA. You would not thing so, but it is tight tight tight getting a couple of those bolts in. Uses retaining clips (with kit) you place over existing holes under seat. Plan to cuss some while installing.

VI. Heat. Well... I would like to say they keep all the heat off of you.... but they don't. Sometimes, it is just hot. But they have put a huge dent in it.

D. Aesthetics. I like the open look better but these are the best looking ones IMHO that are plastic. Small, low key. Most people do not notice them... IE: you at ES. (but you were in rare form much of the time. )

43. I don't have a fourth thing... I just wanted to use 43.

I can snap a pic or two for you. Or maybe there is one somewhere in the ES pics. Actually, I can run out grab a pic and text it to you. That way I get to stretch my legs and look busier.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:29 PM
The Cisco Kid

Last Cigar Smoked: Backwoods Mild - Honey Berry
TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Pics sent.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Thanks Phil! I do like the look of those deflectors. I guess the final decision will have to be made soon since I have a nice list for Jenni @ Tri-County to get ordered in time to be delivered and installed for Junction.

Nice touch on getting your reflection in the mirror of the bike parked next to yours

Old 09-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Verbose Doof

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyB View Post

Nice touch on getting your reflection in the mirror of the bike parked next to yours
Are you the same guy who was selling a tea kettle on ebay, and took the picture of it while nude, thereby regaling the whole world with the reflection of his spout?