Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Riders Clothing, Gear, Helmets, etc.
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-22-2010, 07:16 AM
Turd Wrangler

APDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr View Post
Dunno what all the rush to send 'em back is all about...y'all been wearin' 'em for a while now! They are a better fit than ANY helmet I've owned, they are WAY more protection than ANY of those skull caps out there. If I get checked I'll show them the DOT sticker and if they point out the bulletin I'll calmly explain they didn't send me one. (they didn't) I like the fit and I hate the mushroom head thing catching all the wind...yep, I'm keepin' mine!
Rebel

60% of the time it works every time.

I can't complain, sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:17 AM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by APDBagger View Post
Rebel
...and I have a "cause"

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

Old 04-22-2010, 07:22 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr View Post
Dunno what all the rush to send 'em back is all about...y'all been wearin' 'em for a while now! They are a better fit than ANY helmet I've owned, they are WAY more protection than ANY of those skull caps out there. If I get checked I'll show them the DOT sticker and if they point out the bulletin I'll calmly explain they didn't send me one. (they didn't) I like the fit and I hate the mushroom head thing catching all the wind...yep, I'm keepin' mine!
I seriously considered this, but the bottom line was that I paid $170 for a DOT helmet, and the ACC isn't one. That means, if the cop really wants to be a stickler, you can't ride your bike and it'll get towed. The HCI is a little bigger and doesn't catch the wind. The DOT label is under the clearcoat, and I won't get hassled over it.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 04-22-2010, 07:26 AM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
I seriously considered this, but the bottom line was that I paid $170 for a DOT helmet, and the ACC isn't one. That means, if the cop really wants to be a stickler, you can't ride your bike and it'll get towed. The HCI is a little bigger and doesn't catch the wind. The DOT label is under the clearcoat, and I won't get hassled over it.
A little bigger!? That's like sayin' Lake Okeechobee is a puddle! The cop would have to be an incredible prick, I've never heard of anyone gettin' towed over a questionable helmet! I guess it could happen though, I ride in PA a lot (living there does that to ya!) and I don't really even need a helmet here.

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

Old 04-22-2010, 07:34 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
We've got a fair number of Barney Fife types, especially the MTA cops on the Key and Bay bridges. If they want to stick to the letter of the law, you can't ride in Maryland with a non-DOT helmet. To me, it's not worth the hassle.

I'm bent, because I really liked the ACC.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Turd Wrangler

APDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
We've got a fair number of Barney Fife types
Damn, that hurts!

I bet close to 50% of the helmets I see are not street legal. I can't remember ever writing one ever. There MAY have been one or two in 25+ yeas, but if you're a priq you only have yourself to blame. I normally just point out the fact that I know it's an illegal helmet and leave it at that.

60% of the time it works every time.

I can't complain, sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by APDBagger View Post
Damn, that hurts!

I bet close to 50% of the helmets I see are not street legal. I can't remember ever writing one ever. There MAY have been one or two in 25+ yeas, but if you're a priq you only have yourself to blame. I normally just point out the fact that I know it's an illegal helmet and leave it at that.
Bill, you're not a Maryland cop. And most LEOS that I know would do/say the same as you. But there's two things at work here...

- I don't want to be hassled about my helmet.

- I ride with more than one LEO. I would hate to put them in a bad position.

For me, assuming I get my money back, it's not a big deal for me to wear the HCI or any other DOT lid. I've seen the MTA cops on the Key Bridge write some utterly ridiculous tickets (a co-worker was written for 5 over and got an inspection ticket for a cracked windshield), and I just don't need the aggravation.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I can't understand how most of you like that helmet. It was the worst helmet I had and I have 8! In fact its the worst I've ever had and I've had at least 20. Acc would always blow half off my head and I would have to stop and adjust the straps every 10 min.

[/CENTER]

"East Coast Irregulars"
Old 04-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
I can't understand how most of you like that helmet. It was the worst helmet I had and I have 8! In fact its the worst I've ever had and I've had at least 20. Acc would always blow half off my head and I would have to stop and adjust the straps every 10 min.
I had that issue 'till I sent it back to be reshaped and have the updated straps put on it. After that, it stayed put no matter what.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:58 AM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk
mine fits like a glove. the only reason i'm sending it back is cause i don't wear it now.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withShooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
I had that issue 'till I sent it back to be reshaped and have the updated straps put on it. After that, it stayed put no matter what.
Well if I knew that I would have had the straps redone the and helmet reshaped and maybe I would have kept it. But when I called them 2 or 3 years ago to complain they told me to adjust them and it never worked so I just stopped wearing it. But if they had to redo the straps and reshape the helmet and now give back your money because its not up to dot standards as they said it was. Then I'd have to say I don't think they know what the hell they are doing over there.

[/CENTER]

"East Coast Irregulars"
Old 04-22-2010, 03:10 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
Then I'd have to say I don't think they know what the hell they are doing over there.
its seems to be the way of the world these days
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 04-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
its seems to be the way of the world these days
You got that right...!!!!

Old 04-22-2010, 04:02 PM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Has anybody actually tried to contact CarbonFiber Helmets?
Also known as Head Trip Helmets and Advanced Carbon Composite helmets.

All their phone lines go unanswered, whether you use the recall line or the sales line. They all dump into a separate mailbox line, which is full.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 04-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Natural born delinquent

RKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Hey Jim!

I called a while back and got the same machine so I sent them a letter. Just called them two days ago to check on it and got a real person (who knew nothing of my letter but took down my info and said I'd be receiving a shipping label)...

~ Royal Order of Knights d'Catnip ~

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM