Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Brakes, Rotors & Calipers
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Northeastern Doofdom

silent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the suck
I did this yesterday, what a pain it was. I got a 12 point socket set with a 1/2 drive, so getting the caliper mounting bolts off was pretty easy. But then I realized that the fender wouldn't allow the caliper to come off.

So I had to take the wheel off. Ugh.

First time having to do this. I get the bike on my cheapo Craftsman lift, get the wheel off, and immediately the bike wants to fall backward since there's no weight on the front anymore.

I have Yoshi hold the bike from flopping over while I bungee the calipers, then put the wheel back on to restore balance. After getting the pads out, I lubricated the back of the new ones, popped them on, and then had Yoshi steady the bike as I slipped the calipers back on the rotor as I got the wheel back in position.

There's gotta be an easier way to do that. I know I need a better lift. What did I do wrong?