Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > MoCo
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

MoCo The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Double-D

FXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Concur. For what Harley stuff costs - it can be made better and once-again designed to be repairable.

I am rarely inside a dealership and I will not buy anything made in China unless there's no option. However, I refuse to buy anything made cheaply offshore that's priced at a US-made price point. I'm talking about the $450 leather jackets made in China. Dunno, but guessing they cost well south of $100 - maybe closer to $50 - and I just refuse.

Cheap stuff gave us the appetite and got us over Chinese-made. U.S. workers lost their jobs as factories closed and the work was off-shored. Now ever-so-gradually, companies are raising the prices as if the stuff was made here. Uh-uh...
  • I don't like that their stuff is dumped here.
  • I don't like that our pols listen more to lobbyists than common sense.
  • I don't like our lack of a trade policy...
  • ...and I don't like getting fukd.

I get it that U.S. stuff costs more and so long as the quality is there, I'll gladly pay. We have a standard of living and expenses that the Chinese don't and I'm happy to pay to keep an American family fed. I'm good with that, but I won't let an American company fuk the entire country and pocket the proceeds while doing it.

So... on a rare trip to the dealer, when I spied a new, loaded Road Glide and asked the price - I was floored to learn it was $32K+. That's damn near what I paid for my car.

Looked at the new BMWs too. Still pricey and still tied to the dealer via technology, but IMO a much better value for the coin.

Guess I was all full of piss and vinegar... Feelin' better now. Thx...
Old 10-31-2011, 04:03 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXDRYDR View Post
Looked at the new BMWs too. Still pricey and still tied to the dealer via technology, but IMO a much better value for the coin.
This.

When I test rode the K1600GTL this past summer, aside from being amazed at what a phenomenal bike it was, I felt like an absolute f*cking moron for spending the same amount of money on my Limited. Don't get me wrong, even though it keeps breaking, I love my Limited, but the K1600 is tenfold the bike the Harley will ever be.

Same feeling I had riding the GS. It's a boatload of money, but with the exception of carrying a passenger all day, it does everything better than the Limited.

No fooling, I haven't grinned so much on a motorcycle since I was a kid riding a dirt bike.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 11-01-2011, 03:19 AM
Double-D

FXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I believe it. I was really impressed with those bikes. Love my Harley, but value for the money between the two is not even close.