Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Random Crap
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Random Crap I'm just sayin'.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:24 PM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I so need to get a fixed focal length lens.

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:52 PM
Old married man

vindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographic
Quote:
Originally Posted by squish View Post
I so need to get a fixed focal length lens.

As a standard you have a crop sensor camera with a 1.5X crop factor so the 50mm being a normal lens on your camera a 35mm lens with the crop factor equals 52.5.
Nikon makes an excellent and low priced DX 35mm lens.

Normal lens.

2004 Victory Vegas
2009 FLHTCU
Old 04-25-2014, 10:59 PM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindex1963 View Post
As a standard you have a crop sensor camera with a 1.5X crop factor so the 50mm being a normal lens on your camera a 35mm lens with the crop factor equals 52.5.
Nikon makes an excellent and low priced DX 35mm lens.

Normal lens.

I believe that's one that we've been looking at. The one you're using has a very nice bokeh effect.

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:45 PM
Old married man

vindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographic
Quote:
Originally Posted by squish View Post
I believe that's one that we've been looking at. The one you're using has a very nice bokeh effect.
Thanks it's a Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC. My camera is an FX (full frame) so a comparable f/2.8 zoom that's affordable in DX is the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8. I have the 17-50 and it has a LOT of miles because it's that good. I have it loaned out to a co-worker right now.

2004 Victory Vegas
2009 FLHTCU
Old 05-11-2014, 12:36 AM
Old married man

Recent weekend get away.

2004 Victory Vegas
2009 FLHTCU
Old 05-11-2014, 06:29 PM
Old married man

2004 Victory Vegas
2009 FLHTCU
Old 05-14-2014, 07:14 AM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

This is what Amy wanted to do for Mothers day, so we ate and then went for a walk along the river in L'ville

Old 05-14-2014, 08:04 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Outstanding...I REALLY dig the third one.

But since there are no pictures of Amy....

fail

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 05-17-2014, 12:14 AM
Old married man

WOW excellent shots I like the composition you can tell the framing was thought out not just a snapshot. VERY well done.

2004 Victory Vegas
2009 FLHTCU
Old 05-18-2014, 02:47 PM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
Outstanding...I REALLY dig the third one.

But since there are no pictures of Amy....

fail
Thank you. That one had gotten some good reviews on a photo forum.

I took a couple of her, but I think she deleted them off of the camera before I could get them downloaded.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindex1963 View Post
WOW excellent shots I like the composition you can tell the framing was thought out not just a snapshot. VERY well done.
Thanks Tom. She's really getting an artistic eye with a little coaching from me. I have to remind her to look at the usual things in an unusual way. She's gotten much better in just a couple of weeks with a few trips out..

Old 05-19-2014, 07:22 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Taken by my 17 yo daughter for her photography class. Minolta X-700 35mm with a Minolta flash. Developed and printed by her. Not sure what kind of film they were using.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MomnDads.jpg (40.0 KB, 37 views)

Old 05-19-2014, 07:27 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
A couple with my new SL1:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0630s.jpg (95.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0631s.jpg (75.7 KB, 37 views)

Old 05-19-2014, 11:20 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
What's a "film"?

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 05-19-2014, 12:01 PM
Confirmed Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
What's a "film"?
It's the stuff on top of pudding and hot chocolate.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:18 PM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

A few from a little trip today.....