Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Random Crap
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Random Crap I'm just sayin'.

Old 10-14-2022, 11:30 AM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
EV driving through Wyoming is not EZ

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2022/10...nne-to-casper/

Preserve the planet: repeal the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Old 10-14-2022, 04:56 PM
Helping with the B.S.

Ol Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The problem of trying to live in a dreamed future and not in current reality.

Master of Contemplation
Old 10-14-2022, 08:12 PM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Reality is there is no current (electric) in most of Wyoming. It's how we keep out the riffraff from Boulder.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:09 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Some 'Great Ideas' need time to 'ripen'.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 10-15-2022, 08:17 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Yeah I've "studied" one of those charging station locators, last time I checked there may be 6 stations in Cody and many times some are not working and they only charge at a reduced "speed". None are in Thermopolis.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 10-15-2022, 10:05 AM
Mind the thorns

As a young man, my father worked with refrigeration. When I was a kid, he used to talk about developing a car engine that would run using principles involved in refrigeration. I don't and didn't have the technical knowledge to understand what he was talking about, but I wish now I'd written down a few notes when he explained it to me.

Old 10-15-2022, 05:36 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margarita View Post
As a young man, my father worked with refrigeration. When I was a kid, he used to talk about developing a car engine that would run using principles involved in refrigeration. I don't and didn't have the technical knowledge to understand what he was talking about, but I wish now I'd written down a few notes when he explained it to me.
Here ya go . . .

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/stirling-engine.htm

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 10-15-2022, 05:47 PM
Mind the thorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
Thanks, Dad.

Old 10-15-2022, 09:17 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Or....................you could just harness the energy from one of these.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dippy-Bird.jpg (45.1 KB, 12 views)

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 10-15-2022, 10:50 PM
Mind the thorns

My great-grandmother had one of those in her kitchen. It was a huge deal for us kids to coax her to bring it out and offer it a glass of water. Sixty years later, I still smile when I see one.

Old 10-16-2022, 10:52 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Had a go around with a EV acolyte on FB, there was a post about the new Mazda EV only able to get 80 +/- miles per charge, during highway driving.

I said our department had a Saturn EV 1 back in the late nineties and I could get 70 miles range on the highway, per charge.

He started preaching how the EV "science" was still in it's infancy and they will improve the tech later on.

I pointed out that the EV 1 was still using older battery tech and you would think the range on all newer EV's would be at least double that on the highway some twenty years later.

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 10-16-2022, 10:20 PM
Mind the thorns

No improvement in range in twenty years? Wow. That's the automotive version of twenty-something kids living in their parents' basements playing electronic games.

I will not be buying an EV tomorrow.

Old 10-17-2022, 07:38 AM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Our Uber ride to IAH last weekend was a Tesla 3 Long Range, the dude did upwards of 600 M/Day and was a retired long hauler. His new Tesla has a EPA?? of 358 miles per charge, a year later and he he is barely scratching above 300 and a 30-35min wait between charges at his local super wall.......
Old 10-17-2022, 08:57 AM
Mind the thorns

What makes it so much more efficient than the 80 mile range vehicles? And do I correctly understand that the distance he can go has decreased over the last year?

Old 10-17-2022, 10:20 AM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margarita View Post
What makes it so much more efficient than the 80 mile range vehicles? And do I correctly understand that the distance he can go has decreased over the last year?
A whole lotta nothing, except a lot more cash up front for the Tesla thingy. Yup, that's what he was saying, down about 55-60 miles on range over the last 12-16 months in range capability. A gimmick for me, unless you where some urban dweller that never left the confines of your cage and had the charging station at home.....

This article highlights what we all know about EV in the real world, complete with the current shortcomings, then let's factor in winter temps and conditions.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...towing-tested/