Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Remodeling or Building
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Remodeling or Building Got a project going or finished... Got a question...

Old 07-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Product review: The BEST SHOP VAC

I've now owned this one for more than two years. It has been used, abused and put through it's paces over several remodeling projects and has been superb. There's a little more to the story of course.
Before buying this $100+ machine I did a fair amount of research. I compared all the specs, but went a bit further. We use shop vacs at work. I had recently purchased a couple for the shop and someone else had picked up a third. One was a top of the line Ridgid (WD1851,$160), one was a top model Shop-Vac (20 gal, $200+) the third a mid-level Black and Decker. Of the three (in my opinion) the Ridgid handily out-performed the Shop-Vac and the B&D was just puny. The Ridgid was the quietest as well. So you'd think I was sold on the Ridgid, right?
Of the three, I was, but it still didn't impress in raw vacuum-power and there had to be a better one out there. I picked up a mid-range Sears Craftsman unit to try. It out-powered all those at the shop(!) but Gawd! it was loud!
After some study, took it back and swapped for the next-to-the-top* model and have been repeatedly impressed by this machine!
The model is 113.17762 and yes, they still sell it. It has a lock-on but rotating hose connection, relatively quiet with its discharge muffler. very handy storage for all the attachments right on the machine, uses a common Shop-Vac filter plus can be used with a bag for drywall dust (works but pricey....but it works!) It is large, and lacks the handy handle of the Ridgid, but it rolls very well on large casters. On various projects I have used it to pick up huge amounts of drywall, ceramic tile shards, glass, mortar, concrete, fiberglass, all sorts of woodworking stuff,
lead shot(!), steel shot and even emptied a bathtub of water!
Last Monday it proved itself especially useful. I was digging the hole for a garage project that was 10" diameter and 50" deep into red clay using a post-hole digger. Post-hole diggers cant close to pick up the soil once you get below about two feet down. I tried various things to scoop the dirt out and then thought of the shop vac.
I was amazed at how well this thing did the job; even when all the way to full depth, it was picking up the semi-sticky clay and having no trouble at all. It was a lifesaver on this project! I had assumed that it would pick up the clay but not be able to carry it vertically four foot and the clay would just tumble in the hose...I was very wrong. If I had another hole to dig I was already scheming on the digging attachment I would devise to make this thing a complete excavator!
Bottom line: If it were gone today, would I buy another just like it?
Right damn-now.

I highly recommend this machine to anyone needing a "real-deal" shopvac. It is more machine than many folks would need, for sure. it's big; it's heavy; it's costly; But if you want the bad-ass, here it is.

*this was actually the top model but they had one that was more expensive due to it's 'detachable blower' function.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 07-07-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:20 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
This would be a darn good place to add pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310015969.584615.jpg (36.8 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310016021.715694.jpg (45.0 KB, 66 views)

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 07-07-2011, 05:43 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Looks a lot like mine, which I am very happy with.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:55 AM
Double-D
I am Doof

Bluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milk
do they offer a CVO version?

Old 07-07-2011, 08:06 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
whats the hole for...?

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 07-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Double-D

huckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suck
does it have a pocket?

Old 07-07-2011, 11:37 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
one of the best specs to determine how powerful a shop vac is, is the static water lift...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 07-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: comancho
Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkvator View Post
whats the hole for...?
If I am not mistaken.....he is putting in a lift.

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
95 Big Bore Kit, Weisco Flat Top Pistons, 9.13:1
Engine built by Wilsons of E-town,KY
Vance and Hines Ovals
SE Air Cleaner, K&N Filter
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams
Dyno'd by ENGINES BY OTTO

851st ARMY SECURITY AGENCY - Europe - 74-77
Old 07-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

Quote:
whats the hole for...?

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 07-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
whats the hole for...?
He only has one Harley. He needs someplace to pour his money.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 07-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Above Average DDude

Last Cigar Smoked: A. Fuente, Curly Head
YankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sock
There's an awful lot of concrete dust on that Road King Classic.
I think I'd have covered or moved it.

That being said......A lift? How cool is that!!
Thanks for the heads up on the vac!

Sh!t doesn't stink unless ya' poke it!

Deut 23:12-13 (How to sh!t in the woods)
Old 07-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Double-D
I am Doof

Bluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milk
you know, if you lived up north where there is ice fishing, youda had the hole augered out by now...

Old 07-07-2011, 10:05 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
Can you get sunburned inside your garage?

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"