Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Specific Crap
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Specific Crap No, really, I'm sayin'.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:49 AM
I like my bacon battered

BenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Any electricians here?

I'm building a shop in my back yard. The enclosed portion is about 850 sq/ft (and insulated). I'm trying to get some quotes from electricians. One is a guy I went to High School with and I'm just wanting a sanity check of what the estimate range should be within.

I have conduit run from my meter to the shop and have the wiring to go in the conduit, but nothing else is done. I'm asking for a quote on the following:

- install new breaker panel
- install 4 drop lights and an associated switch
- install 7 110v receptacles (2 on the outside, rest inside)
- install 3-4 outside flood lights
- install/run wire for 2 ceiling fans (junction boxes) but I'll do the fans...and the associated switch
- install 2 220v receptacles (both inside, one for a welder, other for a car lift)
- install a 30amp receptacle (outside for my RV)

Am I looking at $2000 or $10000? Granted I know the answer "it depends on how expensive the lights are". Take the lights out and I'll pay cash for them, how much should I be paying an electrician to do the list above on the building pictured below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1012805_10153002525750243_2059735002_n.jpg (79.3 KB, 61 views)

Old 07-11-2013, 03:35 PM
gAZINTAs

lil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Ed did ours....just the cost of wire and parts, and the garage hasn't burned down yet.....but its a heck of a drive to texas. Sorry, that wasn't very helpful.

"Before you begin to give someone a piece of your mind, consider carefully whether you can spare any."
A. unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_me View Post
My intentions were honorable.
I can't wait to dishonor my intentions.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Fuentes Fuentes Opus X Le Chateau
J.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I think it would depend on where you live.

Around here, i'm guessing that job is about $6,000- $7,000..More if you want it filed.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
So I'm taking it that you are buying the material. For labour I'd say 3 days for rough in and 2 for finish. It is invariably a 60/40 split between rough in and finish even in the industrial world construction / commissioning.
Good guy rate around here is $30/hr cash.... $750 for rough in / $500 for finish, but that's cash on the barrel head, I'd say at least 50% on top of that if you want to write a cheque and either you pull a home owners permit or another $200 for a permit.
Hope this gives you a ballpark......

Dirk
Old 07-12-2013, 05:52 PM
I like my bacon battered

BenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Wow JAFO! That's must be some gold plated wiring!

Thanks Dirk.

I don't need a permit as I'm out in the country and not a proper city. First quote I have is $2000-$2200 not including the cost of the lights (but it does include the cost of all the other materials).

I'm waiting on my 2nd quote so I can pull the trigger and make this happen.