Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > General Bike Discussions
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 03-09-2008, 09:00 AM
The Molenator

CDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Ghost Brackets...

Anybody use them? I'm looking to put saddlebags on the Dyna this year, and would like them to be removable...anyone have experience with this product or similar?

http://www.ghostbrackets.com/

Clint
Bikeless

I'm a Doof, and Damn Proud of it!

Old 03-09-2008, 09:06 AM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
My bags from American Eagle Leatherworks came with EZ brackets. They're nice and look good. My neighbor across the street got ghost brackets for his heritage and is unsatisfied with them, wishing he'd got ez brackets instead.

Others like the ghost brackets, but I can wiggle his bags off when locked. The key hole is also not covered, and the bracket is not fully boxed.

Engine by Otto.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:12 AM
captainlee

Looks a lot like the system on my 00 Dyna "Convertible" .
Old 03-09-2008, 09:23 AM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
What do you need saddle bags for?

Are you gonna be allowed to go on a trip this year?

I'd LOVE for you to come along!

From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 03-09-2008, 09:42 AM
GrayRider

I bought some once, and took them back. Heavy, clunky, expensive.

Made my own system.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:46 AM
8-Ball

My sister bought the Ghost Brackets for her Sportster... ugly, clunky, bags sit at an odd angle to the bike...

Got rid of them and went to BossBags... way nicer system.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I had EZ brackets on my softail. They had their issues too--stick off the bike a ways, bags are not really solidly mounted and lock mechanisms could be temperamental. I chose them over ghost based on their heavier construction. Regardless, retrofitted removable anything is a compromise.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 03-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Justa Hangaround

oldmick has failed to amuse us
I've used the EZ brackets for a few years. I have them set up for the saddlebags and the quick disconnect sissy bar. No issues so far, used on several trips, bags stuffed full.

Here's a pic of them and how they place the bags in relation to the fender:

Last edited by oldmick; 03-09-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:37 PM
TC88

I use EZ brackets and they work good... But I think I'm gonna switch to Hard Bags with a solid mount just cause I like the Bagger Look on softails. My $.02
Old 03-09-2008, 03:57 PM
The Molenator

CDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Guess I'll look into the EZ brackets...

Clint
Bikeless

Old 03-09-2008, 03:59 PM
The Molenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
What do you need saddle bags for?

Are you gonna be allowed to go on a trip this year?

I'd LOVE for you to come along!

One can dream can't they...

--->

Clint
Bikeless

Old 03-09-2008, 04:18 PM
GrayRider

Have you bought the bags yet?
Old 03-09-2008, 04:25 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Maybe if you buy all that stuff, you can say....

"...but I already GOT the bags hunnie...."
Quote:
Kudos!

Old 03-09-2008, 04:26 PM
A Delinquent by Birth

SLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sock
Hey Gray,I want to make something for the wifes Dyna bags for quick removal.What did you make?

Old 03-09-2008, 04:27 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

"....Chippy's wife lets HIM go....."
Quote:
Kudos!