Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Headers & Exhaust
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-27-2011, 12:48 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasilva View Post
Put a level on the steering stem and the frame rails you'll find the true point on the frame when the steering head is vertical.
That's true but there's no real access to the steering neck with out taking a buncha stuff off. I studied the side of the neck earlier and it doesn't have a good flat spot on it to access.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 05-28-2011, 12:09 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The alignment (by the overwrought overthought method) seems to have worked well.
I will have to build a new thread for it.

The baffle tweaking is on hold for now as I'm going to be out of town and riding as much as I can next week in Idaho, then ES right after. The pipes sounded like ass on the Junction run. I made the mods shown in this thread right after that to mimic the FatCat setup. They sound better but not right yet.

Yes, that's right.

They sound Half-Assed now.

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 06-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
The alignment (by the overwrought overthought method) seems to have worked well.
I will have to build a new thread for it.

The baffle tweaking is on hold for now as I'm going to be out of town and riding as much as I can next week in Idaho, then ES right after. The pipes sounded like ass on the Junction run. I made the mods shown in this thread right after that to mimic the FatCat setup. They sound better but not right yet.

Yes, that's right.

They sound Half-Assed now.

I hosed up my Fatcat and had to re-install the Python 2-1. The Python is quit obnoxiuos, so I went to work on hosing...er huh fixing it too.

I had a few baffles sitting around from some V&H Big Shots. This baffle is about 14-inches long and 2-inches in diameter. Cheese grate type. I stopped by a local muffler shop or two until I found a guy willing to work with me on making some transitions from 2-inch ID to 3 5/16 OD. Most car and light truck muffler shops aren't set up to work with anything much over 3-inches. He was able to tweak the extra 5/16 expansion by spacing the pipe out towards the end of the expansion tool just enough to get it done.

I then welded them to each end of the baffle, then wrapped the baffle. drilled holes in the new flange/transition and bolted it up. I knew on start up that I had tamed the beast.

Went for a spin that included interstate. I'm very happy with the outcome.

I'll remove it, takes some pics and post them up soon.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

Sounds very interesting! Waitin' for the pics!

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod