Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > My Story, the Beginning...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

My Story, the Beginning... Welcome! The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Bonus points for telling us something embarrassing. We encourage you to visit the "Our origins and history.." area to gain a little insight into how the heck this all started, anyway.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:06 PM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Margarita

My name is Margarita. My intent is to hangabout as a friend until I get a grip on the benefits and consequences of declaring myself a prospect and actually having to search for a Highway 43 in a state that doesn't have anywhere near 43 major roads, let alone highways. If you aren't tough enough to ride on gravel and dirt, you won't last long here.

To avoid having a moniker assigned to me, I dub myself Lady of the Horses. That applies to the iron horse in the garage and the fourlegged ones in the pasture.

I make a clear and loud confession now: I do not own a Harley. I have never owned a Harley. I cannot afford to own a Harley. I have a perfectly serviceable Virago that gets me wherever I need to be.

If this doesn't fulfill the requirements of MegaGlide's directive, no doubt someone will tell me. There don't appear to be a lot of shrinking violets on this forum.

Margarita, Lady of the Horses
Old 08-31-2009, 11:13 PM
BSL/SBSH

Last Cigar Smoked: "It's a Girl"
Luke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suck
It will be fine, Horse Lady. I don't think anybody's too snooty here.
What size Virago?

Welcome to the forum, feel free to hang around a while.

Oh, and that's not mustard on the floor. Best to leave it alone.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:19 PM
Double-D
Lone Doof

Last Cigar Smoked: Griffin
RoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milk
Welcome from Atlanta!
I'm sure we're all gonna be glad to have you!
You'll have two respectable options: Doof Clenas Prospect, or Doof Babe.
Anything else would be ... well ... tACKy.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Old 08-31-2009, 11:26 PM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Well, good lord, I'm originally from Arkansas and the southern girl in me absolutely recoils from the idea of being tacky. At 54, I am somewhat post-babe, but maybe I ought to go for Doof Babe since I really do despair of finding a highway 43 this season. Of course, I could make it a special project before winter. There's bound to be a Highway 43 somewhere in Colorado.

Any requirements for Doof Babe I need to know about?

Thanks for the welcome, by the way. The Virago is a 1997 1100.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Double-D
Lone Doof

Last Cigar Smoked: Griffin
RoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margarita View Post
Any requirements for Doof Babe I need to know about?
You'll see here that, though highly honored, it's not very complicated to become a Doof Babe.

Let me clarify a bit though that going purple is really the only thing that risks the label, "tacky." There'll be some folks who will come along and offer you cookies and such, but really -- how hard is it to get cookies...?

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Old 09-01-2009, 01:00 AM
2005 HD FLHTi

Kfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Thumbs up

Welcome from the Great State of IDAHO...

...one of my Viragos I had back in the early 80's.

THINK PIRATE!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VIRAGO 920.jpg (68.7 KB, 113 views)

~"IF YOU CAN'T IMPROVE ON SILENCE, KEEP QUIET" ...couch Lou~

"Getting There Beats Being There"
FLHTi
* 95" by Carl from Boise Cycle
CHECK OUT MY WEBSHOT ALBUMS...

Old 09-01-2009, 02:07 AM
Mind the thorns

Well, girly bits I got in abundance, I breathe remarkably well considering I live a mile above sea level, and I am finding I like this misbegotten group. Guess that qualifies me. What's wrong with purple?

Cool bike. Up the Viragos! Mine lives in Wyoming.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:25 AM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
We got misbegotten we'll never use... you'll fit right in WELCOME!!!

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

Old 09-01-2009, 03:50 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Hi and welcome from West Texas. After your introduction I'd say you were definitely gAZINTa material. We don't have any stinking rules, we are all president and. . . we have cookies.

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 09-01-2009, 04:05 AM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
There's no life like a pirate's life! You certainly sound like gAZINTa material to me! Welcome aboard, and make yourself at home....but don't sit too close to the doofs......the smell will rub off on ya....

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 09-01-2009, 04:21 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Someone who shall remain nameless Luke recently told me to look up the definition of Virago. Thought I'd share. . .

Quote:
vi·ra·go (v-räg, -r-, vîr-g)
n. pl. vi·ra·goes or vi·ra·gos
1. A woman regarded as noisy, scolding, or domineering.
2. A large, strong, courageous woman.
I think you're going to fit in just fayhn here.

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 09-01-2009, 04:23 AM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_tapestry View Post
Someone who shall remain nameless Luke recently told me to look up the definition of Virago. Thought I'd share. . .

I think you're going to fit in just fayhn here.
Yup. She's definitely gAZINTa............

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 09-01-2009, 04:34 AM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
Beware the purple stuff...it don't wash off...jus' sayin'

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

Old 09-01-2009, 05:16 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
never too old to be a doof babe....just sayin'
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 09-01-2009, 05:20 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Bill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suck
Welcome from Massachusetts! zINT all the way!