Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > General Maintenance & Service
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

General Maintenance & Service Doing it yourself or having it done...

Old 04-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Hmmm...

Serg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sock
Wipe it dry and roll. Check one's you reach your destination.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by masstch View Post
I finally got the silly tin off of it; The cable wasn't loose, but I gave a little 'tweak' anyway.

Looks like I'm headin for DFW in the AM. I'll be the doin' the James Bond oil slick trick.

How many times have we heard that, eh?

I got the tin off and don't have a camera handy (weird, huh?) and the phone doesn't do macro well but this is what I got. The area where the cable attaches to the cover is recessed and you'd think it would have oil in it if the leak were there, but its dry. There is clean oil right at the ferrule connection to the housing and the housing is wet down to the frame...where its also grimy. The leak is apparently at the ferrule; I heading for the car wash and I'll leave the tin off till this is sorted out. Its going to Junction as is. It is a truly tiny leak. In the second pic you can see there's not much oil on the frame behind the leak. After a good cleaning it should be plain to see.

need new cable

Russ

doofs at the beach