Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Bike Detailing
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Bike Detailing Discuss the proper care and cleaning of the scoot.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Baalz

Finally tried out Pig Snot.

Never tried it and couldn't find it at Wal Mart.

So finally I bought a can while at York PA HD yesterday.

I was very unimpressed..
It ruined my new lunch box that we took along for sodas. And I had to clean out my saddle bag.
Yup you guessed it.. was all over the inside of my saddlebag and not a drop left in the bottle.

The little bit that did drip out on my pipes surely cleaned that spot nicely.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:46 PM
GrayRider

A guy in FL gave me some while there. It worked pretty well, but I didn't have a full bottle in the bags. Sounds like it's not something to carry with you.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:00 PM
BigAlsRK

I find that if you cook it slow in a Crock Pot with Onions it helps to.....huh.....what......oh pig SNOT.....uh...er....nevermind
Old 10-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
pig snot or pig spit i use pig spit on my engine case and it works well but it in a srpay can

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 11-14-2007, 12:14 AM
Pruritus Ani

Gazoo has failed to amuse us
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLET View Post
pig snot or pig spit i use pig spit on my engine case and it works well but it in a srpay can
Pig Spit worked great on my natural engine cases on my FXSTI but seemed a bit spendy when I realized how many applications I would get out of one can.

Gazoo- President gAZINTa m/c
Old 11-14-2007, 01:07 AM
The Cisco Kid

Last Cigar Smoked: Backwoods Mild - Honey Berry
TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I got some muther's chrome polish... First and only thing I have ever tried. How do you guys like that compared to Pig Snot and others???
Old 11-14-2007, 08:40 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Willy View Post
I got some muther's chrome polish... First and only thing I have ever tried. How do you guys like that compared to Pig Snot and others???
I normally just use the Pig Spit only on the wrinkle black paint on the engine, transmission, and inner primary. Great stuff. On the chrome, I usually just clean it real well then use a synthetic wax on it as well as the painted parts. If I really want an excellent shine, I'll use two coats of carnuba wax on top of the layer of synthetic wax.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:41 AM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
0000 Steel Wool and Acetone do a bang-up job on the pipes.

I recommend nitrile gloves, or you will feel every cut and hangnail you own.
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!