Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Dear Boop
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Dear Boop Got a question? Looking for information or advice? Life getting you down? Ask Boop. Sort of like Dear Abby, only Doofier.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent1 View Post
I made the right decision. Money isn't everything, but you do need it if you want a 95" build, a bagger brace, floating rotors, full exhaust, and other m/c goodies....
you gonna out run me afterall.................

®
Old 07-21-2009, 04:39 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Bill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
That, and Barney Frank lives there.
Gotta give you that one...

Old 07-22-2009, 02:35 AM
Driller's do it Deeper

j33ptj has failed to amuse us
Boston:

Red sox (love te monster wall)
Barking crab (best fish and chips in the world)
John Harvard's (Best spare ribs I have had!)

chicago:
the gulashes (althought they may no longer live there)
The Bears
white sox (don't wear with dress clothes!!)
Windy?

Just trying to help.

BTW in my opinion, you shouldn't let your parents dictate where you live. I live 12000mls aways from my parents, not because I don;t love them, but its my life I have to live. We have regular contact, skype, phone, and see them once a year. They are 75/74 but they see that this works for me. You can't wait until they are gone before you start your life....(this is my opinion!!)

Forever trust in who we are, and Nothing Else Matters
Old 07-22-2009, 05:19 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Remember that job I told you about in Boston that I was applying to and then decided against it? Well, I found out some more interesting info today. It turns out that the people that I would've interviewed with today were my old co-workers from here (here being my current company). I'd be working with them, which would've been awesome. So that meant that the job was mine.

In summary, I turned down what could've been a $25K raise, and a cool job with people I already know. Have I lost my mind?

Are there any Doofs in New England? Not that I'm thinking about it.......
Pulling up roots and moving to a new town is difficult. All the reasons you chose to not pursue the job in Boston are still valid. I believe that everything happens for a reason. If you can't change it, don't regret it. . . life is too short.

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 07-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33ptj View Post
BTW in my opinion, you shouldn't let your parents dictate where you live. I live 12000mls aways from my parents, not because I don;t love them, but its my life I have to live. We have regular contact, skype, phone, and see them once a year. They are 75/74 but they see that this works for me. You can't wait until they are gone before you start your life....(this is my opinion!!)
This one is difficult. I agree you got to live your life, you only got one. Being able to get to your family in less then a days drive is nice. I am less then 4 from my mom and 6 from the rest. Its nice to be able to drive up there on a weekend. I wouldn't want to just see them once a year, that sure isn't much.

I have thought about moving to MT or WY or even AK. With the thoughts you got one life to lead. If you make enough money flying is an option, and not really that expensive. But time is always an issue.

Theres a fine line in there.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Northeastern Doofdom

silent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the suck
Ok, update. Curiosity killed me. The hiring manager sent me a personal email, saying how he loved me and yadayadayada. So I restated my interest, interviewed, and got the offer today. I will negotiate a little to see if they budge, and then I'm going to take it most likely.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:17 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Ok, update. Curiosity killed me. The hiring manager sent me a personal email, saying how he loved me and yadayadayada. So I restated my interest, interviewed, and got the offer today. I will negotiate a little to see if they budge, and then I'm going to take it most likely.
Cool. . .I knew they loved you. . .how could they not? Congrats and good luck on your new endeavor!

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 08-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
<sniff> <sniff>

I'm too choked up from pride and sadness.

Go get em Cam.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Cameron. As long as your happy with the decision, good luck either way. Patti and I lived in the Boston area for 4 years. She hated it, my job was very stressful, but we finally escaped. Loved VT, NH, ME.

If I were to ever live there again, it would probably be somewhere on the West, or Northwest side. That way I wouldn't have to put up with Cape Cod traffic trying to get home on a Friday in the summer. Oh, and it would be closer to the roads in VT and NH

Will they pay moving expenses?

Kimber

Old 08-12-2009, 04:24 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
Life is full of different roads.....roll that power on!! (Boston sucks!)

Thorns (Cubs, White Sox, and Orioles fan!)

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"

Old 08-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck
As long as you're happy with the decision, congrats and good on ya for going for it!

"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out there having fun on motorcycles. It makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen
Old 08-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Somewhat Bionic

Last Cigar Smoked: Hoyo De Monterrey Robusto
Big Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Way to go. Congratulations. Make sure to wear a Yankees cap up there.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!' - George Carlin

Old 08-13-2009, 07:58 AM
Northeastern Doofdom

silent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cheese View Post
Way to go. Congratulations. Make sure to wear a Yankees cap up there.
That's just crazy talk!!!

Old 08-13-2009, 07:59 AM
Northeastern Doofdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by d j View Post
<sniff> <sniff>

I'm too choked up from pride and sadness.

Go get em Cam.
We still got more riding time left. At least a month or so.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:04 AM
Doof Babe
Grenade Launcher
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Does second-hand count?
Boop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Yeah! It sounds like you're very happy with your decision. Congratulations!!

W.W.B.D?

Boop-Oop-A-Doof