Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 09-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Are these on right?

Lady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suck
This isn't a "do you use the ignition switch or kill switch" thread - let's not turn it into that since it's been debated to death.

From what info I've gathered, there have been reports of problems with the fly-by-wire if you happen to use the kill switch before the throttle is completely closed. This problem doesn't occur if you use the ignition switch because it shuts down the ECM as well (I may not be exact on the details).

There's a thread around here somewhere detailing the problem and how to reset if needed.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who's unarmed..."

GBNF FIRE46, RED RIDER, MONGOOSE

Old 09-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Doof Clenas Member

IRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suck
Looks great LG!
Old 09-03-2008, 11:33 AM
R.I.P.
<--- Captain Itch!

Red Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Nice lookin bike Laurie. Did Travis get used to handling it pretty quick?

'Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.' - William Penn

I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love.
'06' FLSTNI, $43 per gallon!

Old 09-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Are these on right?

Lady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
Nice lookin bike Laurie. Did Travis get used to handling it pretty quick?
Thanks all!

Travus has ridden so many different bikes (including my own, his last bike, a Night Train with 24" apes, 113" Bourget rigid chopper, ***** CBR 1000, etc.) that he had no trouble adjusting. He likes the 96" motor, and of course, he had to put true duals with Samson slip-on fishtails like mine....

The apes look really good - not too big, not too small. I'm curious to see how I'll like it - I love the look of ape-hangers, but with my right arm being mangled from my old motorcycle accident, I don't know if it would like being up in the air that far for long distances.

If anyone is interested, I found out the bars were made by Cycle Works and ordered thru Drag Specialties. As far as we know he was the first person to get the bars after they started making them, which is kinda cool.

Thanks for all the comments!

Old 09-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Godiva View Post
This isn't a "do you use the ignition switch or kill switch" thread - let's not turn it into that since it's been debated to death.

I was joking there. Curious about the difference, with the fly by wire.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Are these on right?

Crap - I can't find the link to the thread about the issue with the fly by wire bikes... Can anybody help? Maybe it was down the street? Someone posted info about the problem and instructions on how to reset if needed.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Crap - I can't find the link to the thread about the issue with the fly by wire bikes... Can anybody help? Maybe it was down the street? Someone posted info about the problem and instructions on how to reset if needed.
Was it this one?

http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=146277

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 09-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Are these on right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero No Mas View Post
YES!!! That's it!!! Thanks!!

Old 09-04-2008, 07:16 PM
The Molenator

CDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Looks great...

Clint
Bikeless

I'm a Doof, and Damn Proud of it!

Old 09-04-2008, 09:48 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:

From what info I've gathered, there have been reports of problems with the fly-by-wire if you happen to use the kill switch before the throttle is completely closed. This problem doesn't occur if you use the ignition switch because it shuts down the ECM as well (I may not be exact on the details).

There's a thread around here somewhere detailing the problem and how to reset if needed.
It is because with your hand on the throttle, it may be partway open when the kill switch id used. It your hand is off the throttle, it is at the closed position by the time the ignition switch is off.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!