Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Dealer (MoCo or Indy) Feedback
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Dealer (MoCo or Indy) Feedback If they are taking care of you, we want to know. If ya got screwed, we need to know.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:54 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Kinda' restores the faith when you run across someone like that.

Excellent deal!

Greg
Old 05-04-2011, 07:31 AM
DD
Lowest of the Low - XLIII

Location: Northern Ohio... the grid paper of motorcycle riding
yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
You are one lucky S.O.B.... glad you found a stand up guy like that to get you back up an running. Added his info to my phone, just incase I have issues when I make a run out that way.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:32 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
That's old school service, staying after and all. You don't find that type of business very often. We definitely owe him a big thank you for saving Ricky's weekend.

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 05-04-2011, 07:39 AM
DD
Lowest of the Low - XLIII

Location: Northern Ohio... the grid paper of motorcycle riding
yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by txhawg View Post
That's old school service, staying after and all. You don't find that type of business very often. We definitely owe him a big thank you for saving Ricky's weekend.
That's the truth. Last year when Keith and a bunch of us tested out the ride for this years dumbside run our buddy's bike had bearing problems in the late afternoon on saturday. We called multiple dealer shops and none of them would help. They all said we close in an hour, and we're closed on sunday and monday... sorry your out of luck.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'll definitely be saving Ron's number in case I have any troubles out in the Hill Country. The folks at Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop did us a solid by recommending him. Somebody that will stay late on a Saturday and charge you a fair price when they could bend you over is a person that deserves our business.

Equally important for anyone planning a trip down this way is a good roadside assistance plan. For a tow from out the Leakey area back to the dealership in Boerne would be about $400-500. Very glad that Ricky was prepared!

Old 05-04-2011, 07:48 PM
gAZINTAs

Hodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sock
Awesome

Old 05-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
I'll definitely be saving Ron's number in case I have any troubles out in the Hill Country. The folks at Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop did us a solid by recommending him. Somebody that will stay late on a Saturday and charge you a fair price when they could bend you over is a person that deserves our business.

Equally important for anyone planning a trip down this way is a good roadside assistance plan. For a tow from out the Leakey area back to the dealership in Boerne would be about $400-500. Very glad that Ricky was prepared!
I agree with all of these points! I just started the Progressive policy a couple of weeks ago. I heard from Boyd that he had the same policy but less joy with the result, so maybe its a crap shoot, I don't know.

Some detail: Progressive answered the phone quickly with a minimum of silly auto-menu crapola. They had a few questions but no difficulty at all in providing the service. Once I told her it was a Harley she took a while to determine where the nearest HD dealer was and I thought this odd, as I didn't wanna go there. She explained that she was trying to determine how much they would pay for the tow(). she went on to explain:
They will pay towing to the nearest MOCO dealer up to 100 miles. That's how they determine the max they'll pay for that job. They'll tow you where you want to go, but they'll pay only the distance to the HD dealer.
If there had been a dealer in Leakey (hah) that was closed, that's all the towing they would've paid for. As it was, I was lucky again in that the nearest dealer was further than Jack's.
The towing was not a reimbursement deal. I just signed a ticket.
It couldn't get much better.
Maybe there happens to be a H0nda dealer nearby and that screwed up Boyd's deal, I don't know.
As it was, for someone who had the misfortune of a major breakdown on the road, I was actually very very fortunate in every way; primarily in that I had a great support group!

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 05-04-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I talked with Ron today as I hadn't rec'd any email replies. He tells me that they had a server crash at his ISP and he lost a bunch of emails. I re-sent mine and asked him about the T-shirts. He stated that they do have some and that he would get pics emailed of the shirts. I'll pass them along when I get 'em. I asked him if they could fix the crazy flashing text on his website and said he'd get someone to look into it.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 05-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Ricky, your "Victory Laps" at The Legends rocked.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.