Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Cooking Channel
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Cooking Channel Got a favorite recipe... share it here.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Northeastern Doofdom

silent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the suck
Chicken Tangine

I love cooking. This is probably one of my favorite things to make, and I look like a gourmet chef everytime I make it. There are a lot of ingredients, but there was nothing particularly hard about the prep. For this, you're supposed to have a tangine pot, but I just used my cheapo crock pot.

4-5 chicken breasts and thighs
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of garbanzo beans (or chickpeas)
1 fennel bulb - sliced
3 carrots - sliced
1 yellow onion - sliced
1 red pepper - sliced in rough chunks
1/2 cup of chopped apricots
1/2 cup of cranberries
2 cups of chicken broth
1/4 stick of unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
2 tablespoons of minced garlic
3 teaspoons of cumin
2 teaspoons of ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne
2 teaspoons of turmeric
3 bay leaves

First, brown the chicken in a medium pot with olive oil, but don't cook it all the way thru. Remove the chicken and place in the crock pot. Put the onion, fennel, carrots, beans dried cranberries, diced tomatoes, and apricots over the chicken. In a separate bowl, whisk all the spices with the chicken broth. Pour the broth mix over the chicken and vegetables.

Now it's time to cook low and slow for the next 4-6 hours. It's a traditional North African dish, so serve this one with couscous. Rice works as well, but the couscous is better.