Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:57 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
SENA SM10-11

My headset .... Ricky always said that he could not hear me well
I could always hear him with no problems
I could always hear the ZUMO
I could always hear the music and prompts on the Limited
I could always hear Jan with no problems
Jan said that she couldn't hear me well and that my voice was broken up and intermittent .....

I opened a service thingy under warranty with SENA, they gave me a RMA
I sent the unit in last week ..

I got an email last night ... they have shipped me a new unit ... should be in by Monday

That was FAST and GOOD

Thank you SENA !!!!

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 05-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Thats good news!

I suspect you mean "SMH10" eh?

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 05-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Sena's warranty service is superb.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 05-08-2014, 03:03 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
Thats good news!

I suspect you mean "SMH10" eh?

you know I am a DOOF

Old 04-16-2015, 04:26 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
I went to shop bluetooth helmets, but Cycle Gear has Sena and UClear on sale right now. (Ends Friday night) Which of these to systems is preferred by you guys. I can pick up a Sena for less than a new helmet. SPeak up one and all, as I would like to pick one up while still on sale. I believe the 20 series is on sale for under $200.
Thanks in advance my fellow doofs and zints!

BOB

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology
Old 04-16-2015, 06:12 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The Sena will pair up with just about any other headset now.

It's easy peasy to use. Regular software updates, too.

Haven't had to send mine in for repairs, but it's good to know that they'll take care of it if it breaks.

Battery lasts a good long time as well.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:04 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
SENA SM10-11

SENA but only because I have *zero* time with any other.
The SENA will clamp on to virtually ANY helmet.

Edit: SENA is rapidly becoming the most favorite-est headset on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 04-16-2015, 10:13 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post
Sena's warranty service is superb.
Sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Turtle View Post
I went to shop bluetooth helmets, but Cycle Gear has Sena and UClear on sale right now. (Ends Friday night) Which of these to systems is preferred by you guys. I can pick up a Sena for less than a new helmet. SPeak up one and all, as I would like to pick one up while still on sale. I believe the 20 series is on sale for under $200.
Thanks in advance my fellow doofs and zints!

BOB
Don't bother with the Uclear. I tried it once and wound up returning it. Unless whoever you're talking to prefers you sound like you have a pillow shmooshed up against your mouth full of marbles.

Using my Sena 20s I called Kat going 85 on the way to Florida and she had no clue I was on a motorcycle until I told her.

That is my experience

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 04-17-2015, 08:24 AM
Augmented

Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
Awesome! Sena it is. The CG sale is over at close of business today. Just re reading over the spec sheet and other great selling points are it's water resistance and ability to be charged while using it. My current Motorola bluetooth headphones do not allow for either. A two year warranty is alright as well.
Thanks for the quality input guys

BOB

Old 04-18-2015, 12:11 AM
Augmented

Well, the new Sena is installed in the new full face, charged and paired. The trial run sounded great. I haven't tried a phone conversation at speed with it yet, but that's not much to worry about in my book. Pretty kick ass product. going to download the stuff from their site later today. Curious to how it will do distance wise pairing with other units. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:15 AM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Range is usually line of sight.

Or around half-a-mile.

Depending on where you're riding.

When d j and I were twistin' and turnin' at ES last summer, the hills would literally get in the way of the Sena's signal.

On the open road, there's plenty of range. We were never out of earshot while toolin' down to ES.

We're both runnin' the SMH-10.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:41 AM
Augmented

Thanks, That's good to know Ken. I've been on the fence shopping for some time now. Sifting through so much useless information to decide whats actually good and/or bad. Ricky has product description tagged when he said that most people do their product satisfaction survey on their first day of ownership, and/or before they know even what they have, making comparing brands almost impossible.

BOB

Old 04-19-2015, 11:01 AM
Buffalo Hump

love my Sena .... Ricky and I were paried up in ND .... as long as we had line of sight we were connected .... this was good when we had to go back and get Ricky's jacket ....... ooooooh LOL

Sena pairs up with just about anything and everything now ... and the number of persons you can hook up to in a group is unreal !!

I have no experience with any other headsets .. but would buy another sena in a second and recommened them first over others, even though I don't know the others

Old 04-19-2015, 11:35 AM
Augmented

My only complaint so far is with the speakers being jam packed up against my ears. It's not uncomfortable for the first hour or two, but it does wear on me ear bones after that. I'll have to modify the ear area of this new full face brain bucket to allow me another 1/8-1/4" of clearance. I'm very happy with the sound clarity at speed, and blue-tooth distance. I walked in to the post office to check my box and had great uninterrupted music the whole way, leaving my phone on the handlebars.
Well, time to break out the cutting tools.

BOB

Old 04-19-2015, 03:58 PM
Double-D
I am Doof

Bluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milk
I thought the rule of thumb was that if a rider was going to be more than 10' away from his bike, the helmet needs to be off or risk a mocking by onlookers that ride...?
I saw a guy inside a gas station go into the restroom and come out later still wearing his helmet. It was hard to suppress my amusement.