Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Headers & Exhaust
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-02-2007, 07:45 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Broken right pipe mount

How often does the right side header pipe mount bracket break?
It's the one just under the area where the clutch cable goes into the transmission on a FLTR next to the foot board. I've got 21 K miles and am on my second set of tires.
I think that it may be caused by tire installers pushing down on the mufflers so they can remove the rear axle instead of removing the mufflers, have seen this done at the tire vendors booth at rallies. I have the scratches on top of my TD's to show for it being done that way.
And do you have to remove the oil fill/ dip stick spout to replace it, or can you just sneak it out and back in?

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 07-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I RTFM'ed today as it is in my desk at work and this is called the transmission exhaust mount bracket.
Looks like only three bolts and just might be able to worry it out and a new one back in.

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 07-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
4 screws. And you need to pull the dip stick/oil fill cover. 4 screws there.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 07-03-2007, 11:05 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

10-4...thanks

Went by the Folsom dealer today with a picture from the manual and he first used the 2005 touring parts book to look it up, comes out with a box and we open it and that's not the one. Sooo he looks it up in the 2006 touring parts book and is same picture and P/N, humm.
So here we go and look in the 2007 touring parts book, whoops!!!, same P/N but different from the '06 and back and looks exactly like the part in the box. Looked at every one on the shelf and all were 2007 right transmission exhaust mount.

Dooh! now what, will go and check in Reno or Carson, hope I can come up with one before the big ride next month.

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 07-04-2007, 01:18 AM
captainlee

can it be welded, until you get a new one ?
Old 07-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Yep , I'm a thinking that's what will have to be done in the interim.
Looked at my riding partners 2000 EGC today and that is also a different bracket but kinda like mine.

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 07-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Thumbs up Correct P/N Bracket

So I go into Reno today and get the correct right exhaust bracket.
P/N for 2006 FLTRI is 65678-85D.

P/N for 2007 FLTR is 65678-07.

Musta been looking it up using only the base P/N without the suffix number, doing that can really ruin your day when trying to get the correct part.

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...