Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Headers & Exhaust
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 01-21-2008, 12:58 PM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKotter View Post
Just joking. Thought you might know someone getting rid of a set...
Found 'em on eBay..............
Old 01-21-2008, 06:33 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Go for it Al. I got the Fat Cat 2-1 on my '07 ultra, just love it.
I don't have the quiet baffle, and I don't think it is too loud.

And, no, I am not running a falsie.

I heard falsies are for sissies.

Yep, that's what I heard.

dzlfitr
Old 01-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Can I get a copy of your map? I am running the SE, one right now and I know its not the best. Plan on getting it tuend, but not sure when that will be.

Got 07 FLHTCU with fatcat.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
As for loudness, ya kidna loud. Quit baffle is $100. Not a $100 to loud.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:35 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have no idea what Berserker just said, but 599 is a good price if they are new.

I've been doing a lot of research into exhaust, and the fat cat looks like it's coming out on top of the list. The only negative I've heard is that they're loud. But hey, I'm deaf anyway. I've been looking at the ceramic coated version without the falsie
Old 01-23-2008, 07:32 AM
Excommunicated

I was hoping there would be someone here with an 07 touring bike, that would share there SERT map.

As far as the fat cat its kinda loud. Kinda juvenile fun loud. They make it with quite baffle. Its $100, its not so loud I would spend the money. I wish I could here a quit baffle. I do like some noise. I thinkyou can also order with quite baffle.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:25 PM
boogy

Fatcats

Hey Al...I'm a newby here but do have some input when it comes to fatcats. I have a build in progress at the stealer(thankfully they have a die-hard pro-power mechanic there that knows his stuff) and I have researched 'til the cows come how when it comes to these pipes. I've heard all the baffles as well...the standards, the quiet, and the performance.

Most folks get the fatcat with the quiet baffle if their build is 103" or less. Quiet at idle, able to hear the radio quite fine at cruising speed, but still gives a nice report when you twist your wrist.

I have a 2008 bagger being turned into a 117" asphalt eating creature from the deep (at least it better be for the money I'm spending, so I don't have to kick the HD mechanic's ass) and I definitely want to be able to hear the tunes without cranking it up to distortion city, but I do like loud pipes....at least those that can be very loud when I ride it to be. I am going with the standard baffle. I think, at cruising speed of 65-75 mph, they will be slightly quieter than my V&H Bigshots, but will outdo my Bigs when the grip turns.

For those that choose the performance baffle, if they have that heavily modified an engine, I think they would be better off going with the D&D Boarzilla with the quiet baffle (anything but quiet). In fact, I may go with this one as it is the one D&D recommends for my engine, but even the guys at D&D stated I probably wouldn't be able to hear the stereo at cruising speed. So, with the standard baffle, I may give up a couple of lbs. of torque and HP, but it will be worth it to hear my tunes. Although, I've had people tell me it will be hard to hear the radio with the V&H Bigshot longs I have, but it is no problem at all. However, people that ride behind me may beg to differ.

Alright, I have been windy enough. Maybe you all have heard this stuff before, but I thought I'd share what I know with the group. And yes, D&D does offer a fake left-side pipe for a little over $200 I think. For me, the more I look at a bagger with no pipes on the left, the more I like it.

Boogy
Old 02-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogy View Post
For me, the more I look at a bagger with no pipes on the left, the more I like it.

Boogy
Shhhhh, you're gonna' have Rock in a fit of apoplexy......don't mention wide white walls either.

Welcome to the forum.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 02-03-2008, 08:42 PM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
Hey Al...I'm a newby here but do have some input when it comes to fatcats. I have a build in progress at the stealer(thankfully they have a die-hard pro-power mechanic there that knows his stuff) and I have researched 'til the cows come how when it comes to these pipes. I've heard all the baffles as well...the standards, the quiet, and the performance.

Most folks get the fatcat with the quiet baffle if their build is 103" or less. Quiet at idle, able to hear the radio quite fine at cruising speed, but still gives a nice report when you twist your wrist.

I have a 2008 bagger being turned into a 117" asphalt eating creature from the deep (at least it better be for the money I'm spending, so I don't have to kick the HD mechanic's ass) and I definitely want to be able to hear the tunes without cranking it up to distortion city, but I do like loud pipes....at least those that can be very loud when I ride it to be. I am going with the standard baffle. I think, at cruising speed of 65-75 mph, they will be slightly quieter than my V&H Bigshots, but will outdo my Bigs when the grip turns.

For those that choose the performance baffle, if they have that heavily modified an engine, I think they would be better off going with the D&D Boarzilla with the quiet baffle (anything but quiet). In fact, I may go with this one as it is the one D&D recommends for my engine, but even the guys at D&D stated I probably wouldn't be able to hear the stereo at cruising speed. So, with the standard baffle, I may give up a couple of lbs. of torque and HP, but it will be worth it to hear my tunes. Although, I've had people tell me it will be hard to hear the radio with the V&H Bigshot longs I have, but it is no problem at all. However, people that ride behind me may beg to differ.

Alright, I have been windy enough. Maybe you all have heard this stuff before, but I thought I'd share what I know with the group. And yes, D&D does offer a fake left-side pipe for a little over $200 I think. For me, the more I look at a bagger with no pipes on the left, the more I like it.

Boogy
went with True Duals...........
Old 02-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Excommunicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlsRK View Post
went with True Duals...........
I am not your preist. If you want to blow your money on coke and hookers, that not my buisness.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Excommunicated

Quote:
I have a build in progress at the stealer(thankfully they have a die-hard pro-power mechanic there that knows his stuff) Boogy
Its so cute you beleive that.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Excommunicated

Quote:
And yes, D&D does offer a fake left-side pipe for a little over $200 I think. For me, the more I look at a bagger with no pipes on the left, the more I like it.

Boogy
Agree. Also why spend all that money on power, and then add dead weight.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKotter View Post
Just joking. Thought you might know someone getting rid of a set...
Al will be, if he gets them and Darla has to sit back there listening to them.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 02-04-2008, 06:07 AM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero No Mas View Post
Al will be, if he gets them and Darla has to sit back there listening to them.
Got 'em.....just waiting on the slip-ons
Old 02-04-2008, 10:06 PM
boogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Its so cute you beleive that.
Really, he's been a good friend for many years, and I've seen many of his builds on the dyno, with great results. Actually, for my build, I think the only Harley part he recommended was the oil cooler. Everything else he steered me toward is either Woods, S&S, R&R or Axtell.

I understand and can relate to your comment because of another build I had at another stealer many years ago, with piss poor results, but I think I'll have better luck this time. I sure hope so.....