Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know

Meng

TKWSV

Old 05-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
I talked to him last night, he was turning down some 12 point bolt heads because they were too big for one side of his EFI manifold,

I gave him the sage words of advice passed on to me from a Shovelhead rider.

If you don't have to cut it to fit, bent it to fit, or paint it to match, it ain't going on a Harley. He is a believer now.
He almost wet himself telling me about those 12 point bolts. I just sat back and waited. I'm glad to see it paid off!!

Meng

TKWSV

Old 05-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
aquiver....
It's where he keeps his arrows.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 05-03-2008, 08:00 PM
8-Ball

hehehehehe........
Old 05-03-2008, 08:16 PM
BANNED

SeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographicSeDeluxe is not in AOL's target demographic
ok mike whats it gonna be....did it start???????

it even looks fast
Old 05-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Woody218

I'm on the phone with him right now...He's getting it out of 5th gear...going to turn it over with the plugs out...it's turning over...he's putting the plugs in now...and...I...can't...take...the...suspense...

It Runs!!
Old 05-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Woody218

The Rhino is ALIVE!!
Old 05-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
GREAT NEWS................

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 05-03-2008, 09:40 PM
GrayRider

A lot of suspense..odd though, he left me a voicemail and never mentioned the motorcycle. Only that he'd lost more weight on my plan.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Old 05-03-2008, 10:14 PM
8-Ball

HOT DAMN!!!!

Clacked like a sumbitch at first... didn't soak the lifters per AMS... I think I'll soak 'em next time...

Couldn't load the break-in map due to my USB/ComPort converter for some reason...

Woody walked me through the initial start and emotional distress during the clacking phase... LittleBear told me what to expect, but it wasn't a happy time...

Let it cool a bit, then took the plugs out for the second time and just ran the starter...

Started it up again and the clacking moved from the camchest to the rocker boxes... then it quieted down... to what would be expected with the lighter 10-40 I'm using for break-in...

Waiting for it to cool, then the second heat cycle... guess I have to do three... before I break it in tomorrow...

Thanks to everyone for all the help, support, love, splainin', and hand holdin'...

btw... exhaust wrap looks incredible with the mufflers on...

I've got pics...

I was a bit embarassed that I was still in fifth when I tried to start the bike... scared the shlt outta me...

I have lost more weight... down to propane weight... total of 23 pounds gone...

Spent the morning hunting down a rear header torca bracket for the starter mount... the wrap made the one I had too small... course, then I had to powder coat it... it all takes time... I've got pics...
Old 05-03-2008, 10:21 PM
twinV

Congrats!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 10:22 PM
GrayRider

Great news, buddy!

23 lbs in three weeks is awesome too..we should market this.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
Good for ya',8..........

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 05-03-2008, 10:46 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
WTG Mike! Nice job. Way to hang in there.

Thorns

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"