Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Sportster
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 12-04-2007, 06:17 AM
Dooficial Inquisitor

BigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by why_me View Post
I got mine all the way up to 75 on the highway. .
What happened when you changed to 2nd gear, lol

How about a piccy of bike, sounds nice.

We did'nt buy them to race either it just kind of somehow happened as they could be tuned a bit more then a bit more then a bit more ad infinatum and still look "ordinary" we use them mainly as road bikes. We have the belt to chain convertor sprockets if we want to get some wierd gearing at the rear wheel. We managed to get another rear wheel and use that as it's quicker to change.

Order of the Sacred (purple) Boa and Elite (yellow) Banana Guard

Old 12-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTed View Post
What happened when you changed to 2nd gear, lol

How about a piccy of bike, sounds nice.

We did'nt buy them to race either it just kind of somehow happened as they could be tuned a bit more then a bit more then a bit more ad infinatum and still look "ordinary" we use them mainly as road bikes. We have the belt to chain convertor sprockets if we want to get some wierd gearing at the rear wheel. We managed to get another rear wheel and use that as it's quicker to change.
It's the Yellow one on the previous page. You won't like it, it has forward controls.

As far as going fast...Murphey's Law and I have an agreement, as long as I don't do something stupid (includes my inexperianced self going fast on a bike) then he leaves me alone. I don't push my luck with Murphey. I know the bike has a lot in it, more than I want to try to wring out of it on the street. With proper gear and a closed track, might be a different story, but for now, I just enjoy the cruise and leave the go fast stuff to the guys on crotch rockets.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Dooficial Inquisitor

BigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
It's the Yellow one on the previous page. You won't like it, it has forward controls.

As far as going fast...Murphey's Law and I have an agreement, as long as I don't do something stupid (includes my inexperianced self going fast on a bike) then he leaves me alone. I don't push my luck with Murphey. I know the bike has a lot in it, more than I want to try to wring out of it on the street. With proper gear and a closed track, might be a different story, but for now, I just enjoy the cruise and leave the go fast stuff to the guys on crotch rockets.
Did'nt know that one was yours, nice bike (pity about the you know whats). Just get a big huge hammer and knock them back a bit. lol.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTed View Post
Did'nt know that one was yours, nice bike (pity about the you know whats). Just get a big huge hammer and knock them back a bit. lol.
If I end up giving it to my wife to ride, I may put mids on it. Her legs are much shorter than mine. I sat on one that had mids. I felt cramps and it made it look like the bike was way too small for me.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:05 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
My wife is 5'2" and her Sporty had forward controls...

I'm thinking of putting the stock mids on, she may like it better.
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 12-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Just plain Doof

rk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suck
Big Ted you even have and accent when you type
My first bike was a 72 XLCH
it hurt trying to keep up with 74's
glad I relieved myself of it

Psalm 23:4 and the Second Amendment are enough for me.

If you have issue with anything in this post. You can address this by opening a dos prompt and typing
cd C:/
and then type
format C:

What you looking for?
Old 12-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Double-D

So far, I'm not having any trouble keeping up with anyone. Been told to slow down once or twice. My buddy on a 600cc sport bike kept telling me to calm it down when leaving stop lights. I had no idea I was taking off that fast.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Dooficial Inquisitor

Quote:
So far, I'm not having any trouble keeping up with anyone. Been told to slow down once or twice. My buddy on a 600cc sport bike kept telling me to calm it down when leaving stop lights. I had no idea I was taking off that fast.
The sport takes off like sh1t from a shovel. My boy is 6'4" and tried the forward contols, he loves them on the glide, fat fcuk etc. but just could not use them on the sport. A pal bought them from us and we went back to the mids. That is a nice shade of yellow on yours, the black one we have has forward controls we fit as another pal more or less uses it all the time and is going to buy it (been waiting for money for last 3 years) we had it fitted with the bob tail back mudguard (fender?) and a few other things and then we tuned it, but neither of us seemed to like it, there was just something we did not seem to like but not sure what.