Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Riding Stories and Adventures
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-12-2012, 06:29 AM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
It was an epic adventure....

A couple of months ago while i was still in a cast I was presented with the opportunity of a lifetime. That opportunity was to ride up to the DMZ.....that's right folks the Demilitarized Zone. The "line in the sand" between North and South Korea. To say that I was excited would put it lightly. Today I did not only that, but got a KOREA 43 as well....

It all started at 10 this morning when one of my NCO's (Madman) came to pick me up so I could use his bike. From there we met up with his MC The Warrior Brotherhood just outside of the main gate to Camp Casey. There I met Gadget, and Road Dog, their Veep, and SGT at Arms respectively. Both are retired military, and the salt of the earth.

We tried to heard a few more cats (yes just like getting a group of Doofs and Zints together), but to no avail. Our first stop was a McDonalds for a quick bite to eat.....and to my surprise it tastes just like home.

From there it was out of town at a rapid pace up KOREA 43 to a ROK Ranger Base where I found a tribute to the stinkin' 'Zints. They were aware of my need to get a pic of me and a 43 and they went out of their way to find a safe place to make that happen

After the deed was done, it was off to see some of the most beautiful parts of Korea that I've ever seen. We stopped at a bridge where there was dome bungee jumping, and I was told that I had to do it....You know me...I'll do pretty much anything, so off I went. when I got up there the line was crazy long, and they weren't going to open for another 30 min , so we all decided that we'd just put on more miles instead.

Today I got to ride 200 miles of some of the most amazing roads, with some of the most breath taking scenery that I've seen in a long time.....I owe a huge debt of thanks to Gadget, Road Dog, and Madman for allowing me to join them....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-05-12 11.46.32.jpg (100.9 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-05-12 11.46.58.jpg (131.3 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-05-12 12.47.01.jpg (95.2 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-05-12 12.47.27.jpg (100.5 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-05-12 13.12.10.jpg (100.2 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-05-12 13.12.23.jpg (111.4 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-05-12 13.29.08.jpg (100.2 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-05-12 14.45.02.jpg (93.1 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-05-12 15.15.45.jpg (97.9 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-05-12 15.16.18.jpg (101.5 KB, 92 views)

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:31 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Okay that is just freakin' awesome! Oh, and the zINts are everywhere. . .

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 05-12-2012, 06:31 AM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
more pics....and yes that's a cat milking off of a dog....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-05-12 15.17.56.jpg (109.1 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-05-12 15.19.04.jpg (98.4 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-05-12 15.20.50.jpg (109.8 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-05-12 15.21.06.jpg (127.7 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0232.JPG (125.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0233.JPG (122.7 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0234.JPG (108.7 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0236.JPG (103.1 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0256.JPG (98.0 KB, 85 views)

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:38 AM
Soul Brother No. 1

Robo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sockRobo doesn't need a tube sock
Nice! You might wanna leave the high-altitude stoopidity to someone else, they like you, but that other idiot, not so much...

Sherlyn Popelka, Arrested, Underage Drinking, DUI, Aggravated Assault, Fugitive, Warrant
Old 05-12-2012, 06:43 AM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Excellent!! Great pics!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:44 AM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Oh and by the way if you can ride and survive in Korea.....You can ride ANYWHERE!! Aggressive Defensive is how you ride in this place, and going faster than the flow of traffic is not only encouraged, it's a requirement if you don't want to get run over. Lane splitting becomes second nature, running red lights, and weaving in and out of traffic are key tools to your making it back alive. Your head is on a constant swivel, and loud pipes are your friend here......I'm still trying to come down off of an adrenalin high.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:48 AM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish View Post
Oh and by the way if you can ride and survive in Korea.....You can ride ANYWHERE!! Aggressive Defensive is how you ride in this place, and going faster than the flow of traffic is not only encouraged, it's a requirement if you don't want to get run over. Lane splitting becomes second nature, running red lights, and weaving in and out of traffic are key tools to your making it back alive. Your head is on a constant swivel, and loud pipes are your friend here......I'm still trying to come down off of an adrenalin high.
Sounds a lot like most foreign countries I've ridden in

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Outdamnstanding!!

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 05-12-2012, 06:56 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Awesome ride Josh.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 05-12-2012, 07:01 AM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
You looking hood Josh!

®
Old 05-12-2012, 07:05 AM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Way Too Friggen Cool. Congrats on the Korea 43. Sweet.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:05 AM
gAZINTAs

NotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNotDonna is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
My daughter is in Korea, Area 1. She loves the place. However, I don't want her going into North Korea!

Apparently it turned out great. Just make dang sure someone is watching your six closely.

Great pics!

June Bug
Woman of a Thousand Names

*Basically whatever you want to call me.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:08 AM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDonna View Post
My daughter is in Korea, Area 1. She loves the place. However, I don't want her going into North Korea!

Apparently it turned out great. Just make dang sure someone is watching your six closely.

Great pics!

I'm in Area 1 too.....Camp Casey to be exact. Where is she at?

Old 05-12-2012, 07:14 AM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Outstanding Josh!!

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 05-12-2012, 07:20 AM
A. DooF

Last Cigar Smoked: Whatever was next in the Mega rotation
par_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
That's awesome.

Lovin that 43!!!

"I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love." ~ Red Rider