Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Clean & Sober
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Double-D

mudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Yeah i used them follow the directions they help alot.You can do it

Old 02-15-2009, 11:24 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
I tried the Chantix and it made my stomach feel like I was kicking
a Bad heroin Habit, so I quit taking them after 3 weeks. I still have a weeks worth left. Good luck Joey.

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
We are pulling for you Joey!

Old 02-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Joey,

If you go the Chantix route, be aware of the side affects. There are some that are serious. Makes you want to kill folks or yourself. There is a reason that anyone who ever bought the stuff can get a no questions asked return. The only thing you need is proof of purchase, even if you took all the meds.

Just be aware.

Good Luck, you can do it!!

Warren
Old 02-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Pistolero DPH View Post
$$ can be a cop out, all I'm saying is be prepared to pay the full amount when you go get it. The pharmacist called me back after I dropped it off and said the insurance won't cover it. I was taken back a little then he wadded it up and threw it out........ I did try the welbutrin, had severe adverse reactions.

But no matter what you take or do to help yourself quit, you definately have to be ready. You sound like you are at that point, you can do it.

I am getting closer to that point, not quite there yet.
My co pay was only $50.00..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog View Post
Quit using Chantix in less than a week, minimal side effects - I got a BigAl doll and started sticking pins in it.

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 02-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Tried the Patch, caused massive hallucinations.

Tried Zyban, worked relatively well for about a month.

Tried the gum, tasted like crap.

When I finally quit, I wadded up half a pack and threw them in the trash. I flooded myself with water and juices to flush my system out, and I did cardio exercise until I thought I was going to keel over. Seriously, I was drinking 4-5 gallons of fluids (NOT beer) a day, and bicycling 30-40 miles a day. Whenever I had a really nagging urge for a smoke, I started doing pushups. The first week was gawdawful. By the end of the second week, you couldn't have paid me to smoke. Haven't touched the nasty things in over 18 months, and I have no desire to.

The best part about this method is that you will not gain a pound when you quit.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 02-16-2009, 08:09 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Chantix my experience-some bad dreams, bad gas, took it for 3 months, afte about 7 days I stopped smoking that was October 28th of last year, I have not had a cigarette since. Yes It Has Side Effects!!!, but we are big tough bikers that can overcome them!!!

Good Luck, the pills are magic if you can overcome its side effects.

Ps. I know of 6 people who took it, only 1 failed.
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 02-16-2009, 08:49 AM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjsb View Post
Went to the Doc yesterday and got the pills, Chantix. Anybody tried them? I hope they work, I need to quit after 33yrs. Wish me luck..........
Best of luck to ya! Its hard.

Chantix made me krazy. I couldnt sleep, had bad dreams, dry mouth, blushing skin, blurred vision. The doc took me off of it after several days.

I finally just quit on my own, still have one now and then, mostly on weekends, but I feel like I have it under control, down from 2 packs a day to maybe one or two smokes a month.

Good luck!
Old 02-16-2009, 09:09 AM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk
i tried one piece of the gum and decided to go cold turkey. was really cravin a smoke for almost a year...then one day i just didn't want one.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Fuentes Fuentes Opus X Le Chateau
J.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Good luck to you....Let us know how you did it.

I'd like to quit..I smoke about 2-3 cigarettes a day, except for the weekends, hard to not smoke while drinking....Not sure if I would want to take something that maked me want to kill people..Then again, I would feel that way after quitting anyways.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Double-D

mudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Chantix worked for me i smoker a pack and a half a day for 26 years.You can do it And its true u will feel better

Old 02-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Double-D

Thats the deal with quitting i think when youre ready it dosent matter what u take or how you do it.When your done your done

Old 02-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Queen of Chrome

HarleyDarlin seems to have bathed recentlyHarleyDarlin seems to have bathed recentlyHarleyDarlin seems to have bathed recentlyHarleyDarlin seems to have bathed recentlyHarleyDarlin seems to have bathed recentlyHarleyDarlin seems to have bathed recentlyHarleyDarlin seems to have bathed recentlyHarleyDarlin seems to have bathed recentlyHarleyDarlin seems to have bathed recentlyHarleyDarlin seems to have bathed recentlyHarleyDarlin seems to have bathed recently
This message brought to you by a former smoker who kicked the habit after 30 years of 2 packs a day!!!

No pill, gum, or patch will do it for you UNLESS you get your mind right to quit. True - you have both physical and mental addictions to overcome. Getting the mental one whipped is the toughest but most important. You have to want to QUIT more than you want to smoke. I also found visuals a big help. Try putting two clear jars on the counter: In one, empty a couple of ashtrays and add a little water. In the other, put in the amount of money you've been spending on cigs per day. Seal the jars. When the urge gets really strong for a smoke, open the jar with the water and ashes - take a big whiff of that! Just remember, your breath and clothes smell like that after smoking. Now look at the jar of money and picture what you can buy. Do the math: At only $4.00 per day, you could buy a new seat or a couple of tires for your bike in only 90 days.

You just have to PSYCH yourself out of smoking and into quitting. Nobody else can do it for you, you've got to do it for yourself. (Say: That sounds like a song!)

I won't say Good Luck, cause it takes willpower and determination, not luck, to kick this nasty habit. I can tell you this: You'll never regret quitting!!

Kaye
Old 02-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjsb View Post
Went to the Doc yesterday and got the pills, Chantix. Anybody tried them? I hope they work, I need to quit after 33yrs. Wish me luck..........

Good luck. I never smoked, but I my sister quit and said it's tough.

Hopefully you're not like me...I can resist anything but temptation.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 02-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Excommunicated

Bofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Everyone has covered it. You have to WANT TO quit, not NEED TO quit...