Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > TroubleHead Garage (Geno's Place)
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

TroubleHead Garage (Geno's Place) Evo's , Shovels, Pans, and anything else...

Old 03-21-2008, 05:52 PM
gAZINTAs

capttrash has failed to amuse us
nice bike, and good deed

Molon Labe!
Old 03-21-2008, 06:24 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Glad it was just that easy. Good job Geno.

Engine by Otto.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:31 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 03-21-2008, 06:41 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Why would anyone let that bike sit for 4 years?

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 03-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by route66paul View Post
Why would anyone let that bike sit for 4 years?
Cause it's a Shovelhead and either you know how to work on them yourself, or you have to find an old fart Shovel rider like Geno to work on it. Shops won't touch them.

Nice job Geno. Was it a true FXE or was the electric starter added. I know you said FX but, well you know.

All after market stuff needs tweaking to go on a H-D, Shovel, EVO or TC88, very few true "bolt on " parts out there unless you buy H-D and even then you take your chances.

Keep us posted when you guys finish it and take pics of the presentation to the son.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
Cause it's a Shovelhead and either you know how to work on them yourself, or you have to find an old fart Shovel rider like Geno to work on it. Shops won't touch them.

Nice job Geno. Was it a true FXE or was the electric starter added. I know you said FX but, well you know.

All after market stuff needs tweaking to go on a H-D, Shovel, EVO or TC88, very few true "bolt on " parts out there unless you buy H-D and even then you take your chances.

Keep us posted when you guys finish it and take pics of the presentation to the son.
Yes. Pics.

ps. Good job.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 03-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Swiss Guard

phreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suck
beautiful classic bike. Nice job.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Good job Geno, it don't look too bad in person either. Let me know if you need me to come by and supervise.

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:28 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post

I looked at the registration and all it say's is 1977 harley davidson. It looks like it's a low rider by the dash and the way it sits, but ya never know. I might have to see what I can do with the Vin #. I still need to install a few things and clean her up some and, well you know-test ride it a bit .

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Woody218

Outstanding, Geno! My first H-D was a '72 FX, so I have some sentimental attachment to the Shovelhead bikes. Yours looks just beautiful!

Nice goin'!!
Old 03-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Geno, how's the bike coming along? Did you do the wires yet?

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:51 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Did the handle-bar wiring today. Turn signals next.

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:02 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

The fork seals leak and the carb is stack firing on occassion. gonna check the jetting and go from there! Heres a couple of updated pix.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG0022.jpg (112.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG0011.jpg (127.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG0019.jpg (112.1 KB, 13 views)

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Original Cat Herder KC.