Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Let Us Know About Upcoming Rides and Events > Sturgis
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-05-2007, 09:50 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
I'm planning for next years Doofapalooza 2 weeks before Sturgis.

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
If you haven't, I think, it interesting to see Sturgis in full swing.

Doesn't really bother me like it does some. Learn the side streets, park on the out skirts.

So you pay a buck more for beer, 1x50. Oh well.

I just like seeing all the bikes build up through MN, by the time you Soux Falls, there tons of them. Never caused me much of problem.

One time 6 *******s were taking up both lanes, and holding up traffic. I rode right down the middle, scared the hell out of one of there old ladys. Dumb on my part. But those guys where *******s. Problem is some guys think there fast, and there not.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:46 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
Last year the vendors started setting up in Rapid at the dealer on Tuesday the week before. I didn't go to downtown Sturgis till thursday and lots were set up already. The week before has been getting real crowded the last few years. If you wait for the last day and the week after, t-shirts are only $5.
but do they have them in our sizes?

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 07-29-2007, 10:30 AM
KTWillys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer View Post
Will be staying at the Quality Inn in Rapid City Sunday night, Monday night and Tuesday night (8/6-7and 8). Will be meeting my bud Curtiss and his Brother at Glenco campground (I'm providing the Steaks) on Monday night.

It's all about about riding to and from.

Bye the Way...What a cool website!!

Road Kings Rock!!
Chromer,
Hey Bud whats up.... when are you leaving for Sturgis?
Me, the GF and another couple (first timers, and new riders) are heading out Wednesday morning for a nice ride up..
You?
Old 07-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Woody218

KT, we'll be leaving here Monday morning, nice easy 5 hour ride and we're there.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:29 PM
ChaserBand

I will be leaving Friday morning.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:31 AM
KTWillys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody218 View Post
KT, we'll be leaving here Monday morning, nice easy 5 hour ride and we're there.
Harley,
I will see you Wednesday afternoon.. leaving early Wednesday morning shouldnt be to tough on the newbies.. I hope..hope to arrive by 2 or 3 at the latest..
see you there.. party wednesday night...woooooooo hooooooo
Old 08-02-2007, 10:54 AM
8-Ball

y'all be safe out there... take pics...
Old 08-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTWillys View Post
Harley,
I will see you Wednesday afternoon.. leaving early Wednesday morning shouldnt be to tough on the newbies.. I hope..hope to arrive by 2 or 3 at the latest..
see you there.. party wednesday night...woooooooo hooooooo
Not sure which way you are planning to ride,,,,,but a highly recommended road is I-25 to Guernsey, Wy and then take 270 north to Lance Creek and then jog over to 85.

270 is just a real cool stretch of road that seems lost in time with very little traffic on it and more fun than dodging big trucks on the way to Lusk from Cheyenne.

If Woody was to stray into Montana just a few miles,,, he could spray down a highway 7 sign between Wibaux and Baker, Montana.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:24 AM
My 'ol dog JACK in Heaven

Chromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer View Post
Will be staying at the Quality Inn in Rapid City Sunday night, Monday night and Tuesday night (8/6-7and 8). Will be meeting my bud Curtiss and his Brother at Glenco campground (I'm providing the Steaks) on Monday night.

It's all about about riding to and from.

Bye the Way...What a cool website!!

Road Kings Rock!!
NEWS UPDATE:

Decided to WEASEL out on this one..so I won't be in Sturgis this year. I cancelled my reservations right after the Palooza...

Maybe in '08??

As a matter of fact...Road Kings DO ROCK!!

"Betty" the '06 Road King. Our 10 Year Anniversary and 44,600 miles together...

(Initiation ride '07) (CO '07) "Chromer"...Welder of Chrome pipes, Stainless Steel pipes and other Alloy and Carbon steel stuff......
Old 08-03-2007, 07:32 AM
KTWillys

Chromer,, sorry you wont be there..
Jams thanks for the info... I think that we will do that .. the group going up just got a lot bigger.. several people that I know, know several other people that they know and they are all going up at the same time so I guess I will going that way....
See you there.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:46 PM
KTWillys

Well found a blown head gasket yesterday afternoon.. really sucks.. at least it is the front cylinder.. hope I can get it fixed in time.,..
I did try the denial thing but damn if it just didnt work...
Old 08-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Jams

Well we are home now. Had a great time considering the circumstances.

Other than the two tanks of gas to get there and back it was the cheapest Sturgis trip we ever did.

KT,,, did you make it? Thought I had your cell# but I'll be dog-gone if I could find it.
Woody you have lousy cell service -- jus saying.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:55 PM
ChaserBand

I had a great time and I know I will be back next year!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ME.jpg (139.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg ME4.jpg (75.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg ME2.jpg (79.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg E3.jpg (116.4 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by ChaserBand; 08-15-2007 at 06:04 PM.