Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Ask The Techs...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Ask The Techs... This is the way it works. Post up your question in the appropriate Forum, then put a link to it here. We'll ask some very savvy folks to monitor the posts here and answer your question. If you are a Tech answering a question, please do it in the linked thread rather than here. In this way, we can build info in the appropriate Forum. Thanks.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Please read these plugs too...

NGKDR8ES

These have about 2000 miles on them. Been messing with the fuel and timing to rid me of some roll on and light load pinging on hot days.

I think I'm close on the fuel and the pinging is there every once in a while if I load it up and the bike is hot.

95 SE FT
37B cam
BigBoyz Heads.
Python 2-1
Comp around 9.8-1
CCP 180 in each cylinder..up from 175 when heads were freshly ported. 4000 miles on them now.

Thanks.

Last edited by vafatboy; 06-20-2007 at 06:26 PM. Reason: doh...
Old 06-20-2007, 06:15 PM
pairofnines

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
NGKDR8ES

I think I'm close on the fuel and the pinging is there every once in a while if I load it up and the bile is hot.
Maybe a cold beer will cool down your bile>
Old 06-20-2007, 07:58 PM
GrayRider

They look pretty good to me.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Look real good to me. Maybe a tad cold but not bad.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:24 AM
8-Ball

I'll trade ya...
Old 06-21-2007, 05:31 AM
natural-born world-shaker

Location: Mobile literally and figuratively, Alabama; working in Shanghai and Germany
Last Cigar Smoked: tobacco
thedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
I'll trade ya...

bike or plugs?

sorry, Mike, that was classic

Old 06-21-2007, 05:36 AM
really small memory

Ridgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRidgerunnur is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
I'll trade ya...
Too funny.

Look right good.

Quarenta-tres . . .
Old 06-21-2007, 05:36 AM
Kenney

Well this is one Doof that not only can read but will answer you question.

They read R and F.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:50 AM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'm trying to remember exactly what Totemkopf says....... looks like the timing is OK, the mark on the elbow of the heat strap seems to be in the right place, but the heat range is off. You want the first thread or two to be discolored, not as far up the thread as yours are. I want to say the heat range there is too hot? Let Doc or Tote chime in for the perfect reading.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 06-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
GG, here is Doc's info. need 4 threads for just right, more is too hot, less is too cold.

Attachment 2630

Last edited by LittleBear; 12-29-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:06 AM
package shredder

chnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
GG, here is Doc's info. need 4 threads for just right, more is too hot, less is too cold.

Attachment 2630
Hey! Don't be stealin' my stolen stuff!

And Geezer....that 1~2 threads is for water cooled autos. Air cooled bikes need 3~4 threads discolored for proper heat range.

Or so I've been told......
Old 06-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Excommunicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by chnpostal View Post
Hey! Don't be stealin' my stolen stuff!

And Geezer....that 1~2 threads is for water cooled autos. Air cooled bikes need 3~4 threads discolored for proper heat range.

Or so I've been told......
Hey, I only steal the the good stolen stuff.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Thanks for setting the record straight. Like I said, tryin' to remember just what Tote has posted. Thanks guys!

Now, off to steal some stolen stuff!!!!!!

Meng

TKWSV