Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Carburetor
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 01-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxr4mikey View Post
but, but, but what about me ?????
I am here for you too. The Mikuni is the easiest Carb to tune and retune for the cams and heads you have. I have retuned my for 3 different cams and it is a piece of cake. Got one to clean up and put on my TC I like them so much.
I love the Mikuni carb. User friendly.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody218 View Post
I'm here for ya, Mikey!
I know ya got my back Harley !!!!!!!!

I'm with you man .......... FOURGETABOUT the some o these other Doofs .......... jus sayin'

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 01-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
I am here for you too. The Mikuni is the easiest Carb to tune and retune for the cams and heads you have. I have retuned my for 3 different cams and it is a piece of cake. Got one to clean up and put on my TC I like them so much.
I love the Mikuni carb. User friendly.
Good to hear Paul ......... Thanks for the input and confidence that I'm moving in the right direction

Old 01-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Buffalo Hump

AH SHUCKS ............. Thanks EVERYONE for all your input !!!

Even the bustin azz !!!!!!!

I'm loving this place more ever day !!!!!!

Old 01-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Some people say the mik chatter a bit on the TCs. Dunno.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Mine does chatter a bit on my EVO, but I have a 580 lift cam in it with SE heads. They call it Flat Slide rattle. Nothing load pipes didn't fix.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Buffalo Hump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
I've been told that I might hear the slide on that carb ....

I've also been told that at idle I might hear some top end noise from that cam, but should not hear it at above 1.5K rpms

so I'm hoping that all that is correct, and that there won't be any distracting/disturbing noise after the mods .......

you won't be whispering in my ear .... will you ??

Old 01-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Buffalo Hump

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
Mine does chatter a bit on my EVO, but I have a 580 lift cam in it with SE heads. They call it Flat Slide rattle. Nothing load pipes didn't fix.

Got that part already covered

Old 01-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Dooficial Inquisitor

BigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suck
Two words "Minnow Fish" only one moving part, best (racing and road) carb in the world and easiest to tune, takes about 20 seconds, tickover, then full open and that's it. Invented by an Englishman but he lives and works in Scotland.

Order of the Sacred (purple) Boa and Elite (yellow) Banana Guard

Old 02-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Buffalo Hump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTed View Post
Two words "Minnow Fish" only one moving part, best (racing and road) carb in the world and easiest to tune, takes about 20 seconds, tickover, then full open and that's it. Invented by an Englishman but he lives and works in Scotland.
Ted,

I'm usually up to trying new stuff, but given the state of the Minnow Fish" ............. and availability of parts etc ..... I think I'm gonna stay with the Mikuni ......... Thanks just the same

Old 02-20-2008, 01:25 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
been scimen through this and i find almost imposible to gane 25% with just a carb and air filter . your engine is just a compresor and what go's in must flow out just as well, stock pipes dont allow for this. max you could hope for is 8% .you want a big jump do the cam and exhaust then when you get the money for the carb . then the heads and cylenders and each step will bring you in to a work of art that youll keep the rest of your life , or till you buy a new bike like some of these other guys

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 02-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Buffalo Hump

Thanks Harlet ....

I've decided on doing new heads, cam, carb and ignition all in this go around .... all that MAYBE I'll get a 20% boost. It's a challenge to my lil brain to believe that one could get 25 by just adding a air filter, pipes and a carb ........

I'm sure that I'll be pleased with the performance boost when we get-r-done !

while I try to never say never .... I don't see me ever buying a new bike. I'm pretty much a tight wad and keep my vehicles a long time. This bike is a year 2000, I'm 60 years old .... longevity in my family isn't that great ... no man on my father's side has gone past 75, but I'm out to set a new record

back to the point ... I really like this bike and anticipate that I'll be riding it to the end .. I don't even like the thought of plunking down a bunch of cash to have a new ride, I'd never like it as much as this bike, so I'd have to keep this one too, and that would just add up to more expenses, taxes, insurance, bling, ............ being retired only two years I'm still working on managing my fixed income

besides that, Jan is talking about getting a bike ...... that alone surely indicates that I will/would not