Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Thinking about turning a wrench or 2,

Let's say, I wanted to dig in to my oil dissipation problem. Some of what I have heard as far as causes have been excessive runout, oil pump misalignment, and the oil return hole under the umbrella valve needing to be opened up. Me, being a newb to wrenching to this extent on bikes, but a good amount of experience wrenching on cars, would like to get an idea of what I would need to do this on my own as far as tools, gaskets, things to keep in mind as I do it, things I may want to think about upgrading while I have it apart anyways, things of that nature.

I'm trying to figure out if I want to pay handsomely to have a single problem addressed, or invest the same money in doing it myself over the winter and hopefully end up to the plus side of performance and reliability.

Do your worst.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.