Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Clean & Sober
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-16-2009, 07:45 PM
gAZINTAs

majikman has failed to amuse us
2 years now. Was one of the 1st Chantix types Worked for me after every other thing that has come along in the last 10 years failed

Good luck

PM me if you need support etc

Old 02-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
You can do it, Joey. As so many have said, its mostly mental.

I smoked for 30 years and was up to 3-1/2 packs a day(!) Yes 3.5. More than 60 cigarettes. Everyday. I tried Zyban at one point, couldn't stand to take it and it didn't work for me. Main problem: I didn't REALLY want to quit. So nothing was going to work. My wife and kids were constantly harping on me and that was the real reason that I said I'd try. But I didn't really mean it.
A couple of years later I quit cold-turkey. Yep. Put 'em down and never touched another. No pills. no needles, no hypnosis.
I did have a little 'trick up my sleeve' though that helped me, but no-one had to prescribe it for me. Actually I had two tricks.

You see, when I laid that last pack down, I laid it on the gurney.(This was trick #1)
Double pneumonia , they said, though I was having trouble hearing thru the oxygen tent. About six days went by during which I had to seemingly fight for each breath. At no time during that week did I crave a smoke. When friends stopped by after a few days, I noticed for the first time in my life that people who are smokers....well, they reeked. I could tell when a smoker was about to walk in before they opened the door! That was a weird realization. Along with the recognition that I reeked, had always reeked and I never knew it. The idea of a personal stench just added into the matrix of family proddings and the cost factor(s) to make quitting sound like something that I actually WANTED to do. While laying there for a week, I thought constantly about two things: a Public Service Announcement that I had heard a long time before and had never forgotten, and the idea that there would be no better opportunity to quit than right then, before the craving returned.
Trick #2 The PSA. Everybody knows that those silly PSAs are just a waste of money, they don't actually accomplish anything and nobody remembers 'em either, right? "This is yer brain on drugs" etc.
Well there was this one that I could not seem to forget, I'll paraphrase it here:

If you run out food,

you have about fourteen days to get something to eat.

If you run out of water,

you have about eight days to get a drink.

If you can't breathe...

you have thirty seconds.

I thought about that a lot.

Good Luck to you.

Ricky

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 02-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Excommunicated

Bofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
If you smoked regular smokes and can't stand menthol, eat mints all day long...
Old 02-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by masstch View Post
You can do it, Joey. As so many have said, its mostly mental.

I smoked for 30 years and was up to 3-1/2 packs a day(!) Yes 3.5. More than 60 cigarettes. Everyday. I tried Zyban at one point, couldn't stand to take it and it didn't work for me. Main problem: I didn't REALLY want to quit. So nothing was going to work. My wife and kids were constantly harping on me and that was the real reason that I said I'd try. But I didn't really mean it.
A couple of years later I quit cold-turkey. Yep. Put 'em down and never touched another. No pills. no needles, no hypnosis.
I did have a little 'trick up my sleeve' though that helped me, but no-one had to prescribe it for me. Actually I had two tricks.

You see, when I laid that last pack down, I laid it on the gurney.(This was trick #1)
Double pneumonia , they said, though I was having trouble hearing thru the oxygen tent. About six days went by during which I had to seemingly fight for each breath. At no time during that week did I crave a smoke. When friends stopped by after a few days, I noticed for the first time in my life that people who are smokers....well, they reeked. I could tell when a smoker was about to walk in before they opened the door! That was a weird realization. Along with the recognition that I reeked, had always reeked and I never knew it. The idea of a personal stench just added into the matrix of family proddings and the cost factor(s) to make quitting sound like something that I actually WANTED to do. While laying there for a week, I thought constantly about two things: a Public Service Announcement that I had heard a long time before and had never forgotten, and the idea that there would be no better opportunity to quit than right then, before the craving returned.
Trick #2 The PSA. Everybody knows that those silly PSAs are just a waste of money, they don't actually accomplish anything and nobody remembers 'em either, right? "This is yer brain on drugs" etc.
Well there was this one that I could not seem to forget, I'll paraphrase it here:

If you run out food,

you have about fourteen days to get something to eat.

If you run out of water,

you have about eight days to get a drink.

If you can't breathe...

you have thirty seconds.

I thought about that a lot.

Good Luck to you.

Ricky

Thanks, but I think I will try the Chantix before I try your tricks..........

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 02-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjsb View Post
Thanks, but I think I will try the Chantix before I try your tricks..........
Hopefully you'll never get to use my method...but hey, it 100% so far!

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod